Dizzy and sick

d87francis
d87francis Posts: 136
edited January 2013 in Road general
I had my first decent length bike ride in ages today and I'm so unfit again. I went round my favourite 30 mile loop that I can normally blast round at threshold, but when I got home I felt really dizzy and queezy for 10 minutes. I normally push myself over on a couple of the climbs and can sometimes feel slightly dizzy towards the end of a climb and for 30 seconds after (which I normally put down to more oxygen going to my legs than brain), however, I don't recall feeling this dizzy after a ride.

Is this normal to feel dizzy afterwards for 10 minutes, does anyone else ever feel like that? I really need a turbo but was limited by space and money, however, I really don't want to go a month without cycling ever again!

Also forgot to mention I wasn't bonking, I had some lunch before I went out and some squash to drink on the way round. I would normally take something to eat if I were going any longer, however, I'm very used to doing this circuit without food/gels.

Comments

• I felt the same just the other day - first time on the bike in a month - I normally do a 10 mile big ring slow ride, then a 15 faster, then my normal 30 loop - this time I did the 30 loop and felt the way burt reynolds looks - probably just too much soon - eat, drink, build up - swat I'm gonna do.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    It's simply a case of you going too hard - I regularly feel like this during circuit training / high intensity intervals. Just knowing when to back off will come with experience.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Thanks - thought that was the case. Tell you what, I'm so happy to have been out on the bike again though.
  • Gabbo
    Gabbo Posts: 864
    Had a similar experience after being off the bike for nearly 5 weeks! Feel a lot better after a 2nd ride, though. It's just good to get cycling again despite this awful weather we have to bear!
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Me too just had two weeks off and can't get back into it, dizzy and sick. Thought it was just me!