Sympathy bike

pilch
pilch Posts: 1,136
edited January 2013 in Your mountain bikes
As we're not living in a dustbowl I thought i'd build myself a singlespeed 29er to have a little fun in the mud onslaught...

The frame is an On-One Scandal, most of the parts are what I had on other bikes/laying about, with the exception of the brakes, a mega bargain from ze germans and a few bits of finishing kit, thanks to VWsurfbum for the forks, donated by Shakira I believe...

Might even do the odd race on it if this summer turns out anything like last year, only weighs just over 8kg,

8423478346_f04a4dfe74_b.jpg
8422383613_1c4259cc69_b.jpg
8422384405_0833dec2c8_b.jpg
8422384965_5d7a337571_b.jpg
A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Nice, the bare ally frame kind of emphasises the lack of gears somehow......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • That is blummin lovely! I wish my parts bin was as nice as yours. Those frames look like a bargain to me. I just wish i had the cash to build one! I imagine it rides really nicely?
  • pilch
    Cheers, I really like the plain ally frame, looks so clean... the gearing is a bit too tall for me it's currently 34/16, I think it could do with a 17 or 18 on the back, but I only had a 16t in the bits box.

It does ride well, went out yesterday in the offroad boggfest locally and it seemed to plough through regardless, great mud clearance too, and light as anything.

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    That's really rather pretty, sir! Liking the splashes of red - they really set the frame off nicely.

Any idea what the wheels weigh?
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • pilch
    Cheers, I think the wheels are c.1600g hope hubs/cx-ray spokes on crests

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    pilch wrote:
    Cheers, I think the wheels are c.1600g hope hubs/cx-ray spokes on crests

Sweet baby jeebus - those are now added to the wish list!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.