Monday Yawn

Raymondavalon
Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
edited January 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Greetings Maggots,

Weekend was short and boring with washing the car and doing a few kilometers of blacktop riding on the hardtail being the highlights of the weekend..
Another scorcher here today, man, I never thought I'd get tired of the sunshine, but I am
A busy one today plus I am pysched about my interview with Big Blue (IBM) tomorrow..

Wishing you all a[n] [un]productive day <-- Make your choices on which it shall be

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' bags of mostly water,

Great start to day as I ended up sliding across the road due to an icy junction - I guess the salt got washed off during Saturdays rain! Hip looks road rashed, wrist is defo not right, but the Stealth leggings survived admirabley!

So, sat in work, one coffee down, and like Raymond, it appears I have a 'preliminary chat' about a possible new job on Thrusday! So, good luck dude, hope you get what you want out of it.

As for job:current, today I shall be zapping seven-bells out of various material combinations for someone elses predictive model. I'll be honest, the only models I like are red-headed and French-Canadian, but as it means I get to legitimately spend time with my robot army, I'll put up with it!

Onwards! To coffee! And mecha and death-rays!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,883
    Good luck with the blue thing Raymondavalon

Crap sleep, but least it meant I was up early and managed 25 mins on the rollers.

Today is not fun and assignment needs doing over the next few nights. So living for next w.end
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    The Monday Yawn for me will be enlivened by planning trips to our far flung offices - I call it Project Cygnet - a little swan.

Our company is pretty generous. You get free food and they gave us all (2000 employees) a Jabra Soulmate - High End Bluetooth speaker.

Matthew h good luck with your project - I was stalking you this morning and saw that you have a 2009 Orange P7 but that you took the picture in 2008. Do you travel through time?
  • Morning Losers!
    I'm off work for the week! Wooooooo!
    I get to celebrate this fact by having a dentist appointment at 11. Booooo
    Who knows what the future will hold from then on!
    Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Ayup,

accidently purchased a dialled alpine off ebap last night. Today will be spent paying for that and sorting what I need to buy/sell to get it built.

Might do some work, will see how I feel.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mehning bacon fanciers,
    Weekend was ok, Kids didnt wind me up too much and wifey went out saturday night! Nice.

Rain stopped sunday morning in time for a nice hilly and muddy ride. New car which was cleaned again Friday night is now covered is poop again :roll:

Right Porridge time, then off to the wrong side of london.

*Edit*

Being a Dickhead
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    edited January 2013
    Alright scuttlers,

Another day, another ten hour shift, 8 days in a row of 9 hrs 40 mins plus is starting to take its toll now, roll on Wednesday, although it means that by then all I'll want to do is mong out.

Time for a quick walk before work and clear my head

BTW good luck Ray
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Mornin people of the crud

Work meh again, 6-2 this week so not all bad as I will be able to ride after work and it will still be light.

On another note I have started doing an NVQ in team leading, had to do an initial assessment has to were I am at academically, pie does = 3.16 or is it meat and tata, feel a bit too old to be doing trig and algebra again they say its like riding a bike, but I am not very good at that.

Later people's
    work hard, play hard, fall hard

cube stereo 2010

Felt Z95 2013
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning mongs!

It's Monday, I'm now at work and really CBA to do anything.

Off for a nice muddy ride again tonight and that's about all.

Only another four days and I can drink alcohol again, if I want to, which at the moment I don't.

Meh.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Only another four days and I can drink alcohol again, if I want to, which at the moment I don't
    I must admit, i'm the same, not missed it as much as i thought i would, But the chocolate on the other hand, i'm really missing!!!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Only another four days and I can drink alcohol again, if I want to, which at the moment I don't
    I must admit, i'm the same, not missed it as much as i thought i would, But the chocolate on the other hand, i'm really missing!!!

Luckily I'm not really bothered by chocolate, the odd snickers bar or 25p lidl equivelent on a long road ride is about all I eat. With not drinking I've lost over half a stone, have more money and seem to need less sleep, I think the issue will be with two crates of Cropton beer in the cupboard.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    Raymondavalon, good luck with the interview and all that jazz :)
    Clank, hope the wrongness of the wrist corrects itself soon :?

I ate a pizza last night with triple bacons on it from Papa Johns :) mmmmm. It is a must try for lovers of bacons!!!

I worked for 3 hours yesterday and that did me in, got no sleep either my body just refused to pass out for the night. Drove home from Hudds this morning, traffic jam tasic. Teaching tonight, absolutely shattered :( I hate Monday waaaaaaaaaahh.

One more sleep til I get to see my man again though this makes me happy. I hate actually really liking someone, makes it hard to maintain the ice maiden façade, someone may realise I actually have a heart soon :?
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'Ning Crudders
    Good Luck Ray!

Got home at 7.40 this morning having ended up staying at the guy's house. I do so love waking up in yesterday's make up. On the plus side I'm ridiculously sickeningly happy.
    Very tired today, bruise on my hip from the altercation with some steps in the Cookie Club is really sore and I'm fully stocked up on CBA because it's 4.5 days until I leave this hell hole.
    Yoga later, then meeting the guy for some dinner...
    Tarrah then
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Happy PM All

Cleared loft area out of all electrical junk and skipped it. Getting the house freely insulated later in the week and the minions need access.

Be sorting out a night ride for Tues so if anyone wants to meet in a dark layby tomorrow night Pm me.

Otherwise I'm up to no good.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • AndyBeast
    AndyBeast Posts: 179
    Mehnday can be summed up thus, - work is like a tree full of monkeys, the ones at the top look down at smiling faces but the ones below look up and all they see are a**eholes.

Although we have a special manager who is nicknamed the vagazzle cause he's just a highly decorated......
  • Gazlar
    foxc_uk wrote:
    'Ning Crudders.
    Yoga later, then meeting the guy for some dinner...

FoxC

In other words, getting bendy for a fella to splash out on you......

Nice work, tip of the cap to you
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • I get to celebrate this fact by having a dentist appointment at 11. Booooo
    Fother Mucker that hurt like a lady dog!
    3 Fillings, and a deceased and dead wisdom tooth temporarily filled in as it's going to be extracted at the hospital. Thing is, they didn't numb the stupid wisdom tooth, so whilst using that sucker (hehe) thing, my mouth was in AGONY!!

Now I look like I've had a stroke as my lip won't come back to life. Made answering the phone earlier quite amusing, but also annoying. The phone call was having a house viewing cancelled, this does not bode well for me.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Love weekends which end with a 4 hour visit to A&E at the Royal Gwent on Sunday afternoon. Less than 4 months after being there for a broken foot I end up back there with a gash on my face which required a tetanus jab and then a week of super strong antibiotics as they can't be sure it isn't infected, meaning I can't drink on my birthday night out this week. Gosh how I have missed the great unwashed of Newport. They are great for people watching. My arm now aches constantly and I quite literally have faceache and look like I have been beaten up.

Good thing is CPD all day tomorrow - listening to a boring person talk all day and hopefully sitting at the back and catching up on some sleep.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Afternoon bumders

Had a great weekend in Naples, back to uni mehness today though, glad to see the snow has gone while we were away, was getting quite sick of it. Unfortunatley now I'm off the bike for a few weeks anyway so I won't get to enjoy the gloopy mess that there seems to be around everywhere.

Laters
  • Clank
    MissCMC wrote:
    gash on my face

Giggidy.

Whilst I may jest, I hope it heals quickly with no lasting damage. But....

Giggidy.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

• Clank
    Well, karma's a biatch.

I josh Miss CMC, but a quick trip to A&E revealed I split a bone in my wrist (the capitate) when I had my off this morning.

That'll learn me!

• Gazlar
    Clank wrote:
    Well, karma's a biatch.

I josh Miss CMC, but a quick trip to A&E revealed I split a bone in my wrist (the capitate) when I had my off this morning.

That'll learn me!

So you found out Miss CMC has a bloody gash so you decided to crack one off the wrist............. you sir, would thrive in Bolton

This will make spotting the crudcatchers favorite lawyer in there gym a lot easier ;0)
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Clank
    Gazlar wrote:
    So you found out Miss CMC has a bloody gash so you decided to crack one off the wrist............. you sir, would thrive in Bolton

The only way I'd thrive was if I was able to wipe my hand on a lass fairly quickly afterwards.

Or unless sperm can get through a sash window.

• Gazlar
    Clank wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

The only way I'd thrive was if I was able to wipe my hand on a lass fairly quickly afterwards.

Or unless sperm can get through a sash window.

My research shows that this isn't the case, besides who has sash windows now, I like to splash out on double glazing
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,883
    Lagrange wrote:
    Matthew h good luck with your project - I was stalking you this morning and saw that you have a 2009 Orange P7 but that you took the picture in 2008. Do you travel through time?

Cheers - sick of it now, but only a few days left :)

Re: bike, time travel is the key