Gadgets you want, no need.

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,052
edited January 2013 in Commuting chat
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I want a Razer Edge.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I want a Razer Edge.

Edit: so bad I posted twice!
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Just been browsing for a Lamborghini Countach 80's (with front spoiler) turn 30 in 3 years time, just getting prepared for my midlife crisis
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    I want a Razer Edge.
    If only it had a proper display :(

Have a hankering for a Surface Pro at the moment

Want a pebble too
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    I didn't want a Pebble or a Garmin 810 until just now. Now I need them both. :(
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I really want a Pebble but I also know how much I hammer my iPhone and I don't fancy plugging my watch into my PC to charge every time I sit down.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    i wouldnt mind a pebble either, i was always tempted on kickstarter but never did it, i regret it now
  • itboffin
    Now I want a Bentley conti but I think the Mrs would notice
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    itboffin wrote:
    In that case you have to think like a woman.
    Simply say "That old thing? Had it for ages, got it in the sale"

:D
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    $150? I'd pay that.

Want.

Damn you.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    itboffin wrote:
    Topgear? That did indeed look like great fun, though my Mrs and I were properly LOLing at the P45. Unfortunately buying a Bently would immediately turn you into a nouveau riche footballing twunt who would be forever spurned on the forum ;)
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • 'bout to enter the world of the Garmin.... I'm in a 705 vs 800 deadlock at the moment, but the 705 is massively cheaper for the sake of not having a touchscreen. A touchscreen that I would likely break....

Any differnece in operation between the two that makes the 800 worthwhile?
    AKA Captain Blackbeard
    Going Top to Bottom - E2E for Everyman and Headway - Spet 2013
  • Di2

I have absolutely no need for electronic shifting, but I want it with all my soul.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Di2

I have absolutely no need for electronic shifting, but I want it with all my soul.

Me too.

I would also like a Galaxy SIII and a Rapha Coffee machine.

Oh and I wait in anticipation for the Sony Playstation 4
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • spasypaddy
    'bout to enter the world of the Garmin.... I'm in a 705 vs 800 deadlock at the moment, but the 705 is massively cheaper for the sake of not having a touchscreen. A touchscreen that I would likely break....

dont get the 705. the 800 is a massive step up. and having now played with an 810 this weekend the software is a giant leap forward again.
  • 'bout to enter the world of the Garmin.... I'm in a 705 vs 800 deadlock at the moment, but the 705 is massively cheaper for the sake of not having a touchscreen. A touchscreen that I would likely break....

The 800 is on offer at Sportpursuit today. No idea if it's a good deal or not.

I want one too, but am in the process of persuading Mrs Trousers that if she was to buy me an 810 for my birthday she'd always be able to know where I was (you can switch live tracking off, right?).
  • currently the 800 perf+nav bubndle on wiggle at 359 - the 50 voucher they sent (assuming it works on garmin stuff). - 9 from quidco = massive bargain, but the 705 can be had around 220 with maps from burrows. Dont think I can stretch to the 810 though.
    AKA Captain Blackbeard
    Going Top to Bottom - E2E for Everyman and Headway - Spet 2013
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    I've always found Handtec cheapest for Garmin stuff. Also quick delivery.
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Monkeypump wrote:
    Get Evans to price match Handtec. Instant win!
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • spasypaddy
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Monkeypump wrote:
    Get Evans to price match Handtec. Instant win!
    good luck with that
    http://www.evanscycles.com/help/price-match
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    I was looking at an Merc SLK today..... also been looking at the Porsche Cayman

Mid life crisis me?
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • itboffin
    Despite my ridicule of "others" on this very forum for spending much mula on fancy turbos I er actually think i need one now, i'm not going to be able to truly simulate the climbs of the Alps unless I have a more feature rich trainer.

:roll:
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    itboffin wrote:
    Despite my ridicule of "others" on this very forum for spending much mula on fancy turbos I er actually think i need one now, i'm not going to be able to truly simulate the climbs of the Alps unless I have a more feature rich trainer.

:roll:

So... how long did that take to make up?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • itboffin
    I failed to purchase a chromebook whilst in the USA this Jan so I guess I'll have to buy one here for the £ equiv.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    itboffin wrote:
    I failed to purchase a chromebook whilst in the USA this Jan so I guess I'll have to buy one here for the £ equiv.

My folks have just come back from two months in the USA and I completely failed to ask them to pick my up and iPad mini.

I kept telling myself I didn't need it and of course that completely misses the point.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Asprilla wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

My folks have just come back from two months in the USA and I completely failed to ask them to pick my up and iPad mini.

I kept telling myself I didn't need it and of course that completely misses the point.
    Mate should be heading to Chicago in a few weeks, which ties in nicely with the Surface Pro...
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • itboffin
    Windose = shimaNo

Just say No kids
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    Jag F-type......
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5