Shredding the Gnarrrrrr!!

Proutster
Proutster Posts: 785
edited January 2013 in The Crudcatcher
After an unplanned shoulder / barbed-wire fence interface on yesterday's slushy / snowy / muddy ride, this is probably the closest I'll ever get to Shredding the Gnar.....

2013-01-28100543.jpg

The question is, will it buff out?

Comments

• Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    you have an impressive gash
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Proutster wrote:
    After an unplanned shoulder / barbed-wire fence interface on yesterday's slushy / snowy / muddy ride, this is probably the closest I'll ever get to Shredding the Gnar.....

2013-01-28100543.jpg

You could sew a badge over said altercation; perhaps the crudites could make suitable suggestions?
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Proutster wrote:

2013-01-28100543.jpg

You lie!

You failed to use enough chloroform or follow Gazlars guide correctly!
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    duck tape.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • tudj
    tudj Posts: 254
    You got lucky in 2 ways;

1. You managed to keep your face from getting mangled

2. The fence was there at all, there was quite a drop to the left of the trail IIRC :P

I vote for leaving it as is and make up cool stories about fighting off mountain lions and bears to anyone who asks!
  • Proutster
    tudj wrote:
    You got lucky in 2 ways;

1. You managed to keep your face from getting mangled

2. The fence was there at all, there was quite a drop to the left of the trail IIRC :P

I vote for leaving it as is and make up cool stories about fighting off mountain lions and bears to anyone who asks!

:D:D

The wire got through as well - 3 or 4 mountain lion scratches on the shoulder and a couple of bruises on the arm - but at least my face is still in one piece. Hmmm, perhaps it would've been an improvement.......
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Nice, at least you didn't get electrifried as well.

Tomorrow in the Peaks - night time?
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Proutster
    Richie63 wrote:
    Tomorrow in the Peaks - night time?

Car's in for some warranty work today & tomorrow but as long as it's fixed in time then yes, sounds good.

Let me know where & when and I'll confirm when the car's fixed.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Hmmm alone in the wild outdoors with Richie shredding your gnarrr, sounds like the sequel to a film..... Camelback Mountain...... the ride that becomes a walk
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Proutster
    Gazlar wrote:
    Hmmm alone in the wild outdoors with Richie shredding your gnarrr, sounds like the sequel to a film..... Camelback Mountain...... the ride that becomes a walk

His nails are quite sharp.....
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    I'll be right behind you on the climbs and then take you on the downs :twisted:
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Proutster wrote:
    The wire got through as well - 3 or 4 mountain lion scratches on the shoulder and a couple of bruises on the arm - but at least my face is still in one piece. Hmmm, perhaps it would've been an improvement.......

Like this then?

tour-de-france-barbed-wire.jpg
  • Proutster
    Proutster wrote:

Like this then?

tour-de-france-barbed-wire.jpg

Yea, just like it - except I wasn't commando (and I almost cried like a baby)..