Surrey Road Conditions

alansd
alansd Posts: 9
edited January 2013 in Commuting chat
Has anyone been out towards peaslake/surrey hills in the last day or two?

Looking to head out that way on Saturday but wanted to make sure I am not going to find an ice rink half way down leith hill...

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,487
    Supposed to be a sudden rise in temperature on Friday night, with som e rain, so any remaining snow and ice should be well gone by Saturday. Probably a fair amount of other rubbish on the roads though.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • I posted the same thing this morning! I drive over box hill in the morning and up towards guildford via the epsom road. Can vouch for the main runs over there but haven't been over the leith hill... Juniper woods looks a bit slushy but as said hoping it will be cleared tonight in the rain...
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    drove up over Ranmore today. Whitedown is very slushy and was closed off but cyclists were still emerging from behind the barriers. Hopefully will be gone by tomorrow as heading to Brighton for a spin.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Bit slushy by fanny's farm CC - at least it was this morning c 10am.
  • alansd
    We went out today and 99% of the roads were fine. A lot of water about but that was ok.
    The only remaining slush was up the Zig Zag, it was pretty bad in places. Once you get over the north downs there was very little snow by the sides of the road either.

Enjoy your spin down to brighton!
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    alansd yesterday

26-01-2013_07.jpg
    FCN = 4
  • alansd
    After a successful ascent of Col du Balham hill.

Its so high there was still snow up top!
  • Took the SS for spin though the surrey Hills to Leith Hill and then on to Box Hill, roads where wet but not slippy though tiny bit of slush on one damp section of Box Hill.
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Roads up in Leith Hill are filthy! Friday St way was anyway.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • okgo wrote:
    Roads up in Leith Hill are filthy! Friday St way was anyway.

well yes, but if it's been wet the lanes tend to get debris, year round, at least the Surrey lanes have the traffic to clear it.
  • clarkey cat
    Whitedown was a bit minging but most of the larger roads were fine... I went up a lane called Clappers Lane in the south downs which was literally a quagmire.
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    soooo... you didn't go up it like the clappers? :oops:
    FCN = 4
  • clarkey cat
    more like the knackers... i was fooked.