Cycle website

sirmol
sirmol Posts: 287
edited January 2013 in Road general
Hey guys does anyone know a website that my friend and I can join and have and set challenges against each other? A bit like the Nike plus website for runners. I have joined Strava but can not see where you send invites for challenges etc so i am looking for something else.
Cheers,
:D

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • sirmol
    nicklouse wrote:
    I'm struggling to move around this part (i don't know if it is just being currently used by a lot of people) but it doesn't look that good tbh - again this could be due to the fact each section is sooo slow.
  • Mickyg88
    Mickyg88 Posts: 289
    Get a faster computer/ broadband link!
  • sirmol
    Mickyg88 wrote:
    Get a faster computer/ broadband link!
    brand new laptop sky broadband which is quick :lol:
  • NewTTer
    NewTTer Posts: 463
    Sirmol wrote:
    Hey guys does anyone know a website that my friend and I can join and have and set challenges against each other? A bit like the Nike plus website for runners. I have joined Strava but can not see where you send invites for challenges etc so i am looking for something else.
    Cheers,
    Why do you need to sent invites for challenges, just go ride a route set up some segments they can then ride the same and compete against you, or just see who can do the best on some exisiting segments in you area. Dont understand this need to send an invite, dont you talk to your friends then?
  • sirmol
    NewTTer wrote:
    Sirmol wrote:
    Cheers,
    Why do you need to sent invites for challenges, just go ride a route set up some segments they can then ride the same and compete against you, or just see who can do the best on some exisiting segments in you area. Dont understand this need to send an invite, dont you talk to your friends then?

Why do people comment if they have nothing helpful to say? If that is what i am looking for, that is what i am looking for! Don't comment if you can't help.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Glad someone finally mentioned it. Hate it when people add unhelpful comments.

Anyway, as far as Strava goes, if you set a segment its there for anyone to try and better. Cyctastic is an app for iphone or android. Have you tried looking at that?
  • NewTTer
    NewTTer Posts: 463
    Sirmol wrote:
    NewTTer wrote:
    Sirmol wrote:
    Cheers,

Why do people comment if they have nothing helpful to say? If that is what i am looking for, that is what i am looking for! Don't comment if you can't help.
    In other words,
    "you are quite riight but rather than admit I was wrong I will try to be a smart arse"
  • sirmol
    NewTTer wrote:
    Sirmol wrote:
    NewTTer wrote:
    Sirmol wrote:
    Cheers,

In other words,
    "you are quite riight but rather than admit I was wrong I will try to be a smart ars*"

Yes you are right i'm the smart are* :D
  • sirmol
    Glad someone finally mentioned it. Hate it when people add unhelpful comments.

Anyway, as far as Strava goes, if you set a segment its there for anyone to try and better. Cyctastic is an app for iphone or android. Have you tried looking at that?

Thanks i will look at those, i use garmin to record my data and he uses his iphone wo we were looking for a website for a bit a laugh and banter really. I think we will just have to set the same target and keep a track on each others.
    Cheers for the reply Smog :D