New Long Sleeves Road Jersey - Warm.

andyrr
andyrr Posts: 1,819
edited January 2013 in Road beginners
I've an ex-pro-team Endura jersey that I got from someone that rode for the EnduraSport team about maybe 8 years ago. I only wear it when it's close/ below zero and don't want to be layering up with multiple lighter jerseys. It is superb for cold days as it has a treatment that means it has great warmth-retention but it's not overly bulky. At present I'm finding I like wearing it just about every day with temps here not far above zero and I'd like something similar to act as backup when this is in the wash etc but don't want to spend a load, partly as I've many other jerseys, short-sleeve mostly, so spending £70 or 80+ is a little silly when I've stuff that does close to the same job.
I've seen the Zipvit jersey and it has the mention of Thermal Protection - anyone with one of these know if it has any treatment / coating as such to help with the windstopping ability ?:
http://www.zipvitsport.co.uk/products/z ... ersey.html

Comments

• Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    andyrr wrote:
    I've an ex-pro-team Endura jersey that I got from someone that rode for the EnduraSport team about maybe 8 years ago. I only wear it when it's close/ below zero and don't want to be layering up with multiple lighter jerseys. It is superb for cold days as it has a treatment that means it has great warmth-retention but it's not overly bulky. At present I'm finding I like wearing it just about every day with temps here not far above zero and I'd like something similar to act as backup when this is in the wash etc but don't want to spend a load, partly as I've many other jerseys, short-sleeve mostly, so spending £70 or 80+ is a little silly when I've stuff that does close to the same job.
    I've seen the Zipvit jersey and it has the mention of Thermal Protection - anyone with one of these know if it has any treatment / coating as such to help with the windstopping ability ?:
    http://www.zipvitsport.co.uk/products/z ... ersey.html
    The one you links to says "ideal for use in Spring/Autumn". What sort of temperatures do you want to use this at?

I've just had this for Christmas and it is ideal (for me) for below 5 deg C - DHB Long Sleeve Windslam Roubaix Jersey