Bike Insurance

Manny514
Manny514 Posts: 38
edited January 2013 in MTB general
Can any of you suggest possible insurers for my bikes, A 456 Carbon and Ellsworth Epiphany, both fairly new and worth a few quid, if I dare add it all up. At the moment they are under the general household policy which doesn't come any where near covering replacement cost. I have made a file for each with all receipts, frame number and photos.

Locked in secure brick built garage, padlocked to each other and the wall.

Who offers value for money? Do any of you have experience of smart water or other security marking products?

Cheers

Manny
456 Carbon
Ellsworth Ephiphany

Comments

• Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    I found cycleguard to be relatively cheap (£12 a month?) but insisted on a 5 lever lock for the shed (which in practical terms means a receipt from a locksmith showing it was fitted) alt receipts for Sold Secure Gold stuff to prove it was attached to an immovable object. The extra cost of this was much higher than the additional cost to my home insurance for a specified bike - £2000 in my case. So I now use the home insurance which is direct line. The fact you have all the receipts is an A+.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Do my eyes deceive or is that a SEARCH button in the top right-hand corner of the screen?

C'mon dude, this topic comes up a couple times a week, the least you could do is to take a look.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Try nfu pal
  • Speak to your home insurance, I'm sure they'll be happy to insure it for the full amount (minus an excess) for only a little more on your annual cover.
    Statistically, Six Out Of Seven Dwarves Aren't Happy