No idea what so ever now!!

GRicha
GRicha Posts: 90
edited January 2013 in Road buying advice
As title, I thought I was set on getting last years Foil 30, I'm not sure what's changed I just have no idea what I want, I've got a 2k budget and enjoy going on long rides and called me perverted but the more hills the better! But I'm also interested in doing some races/crits so to that end I'm not sure with what too go for! Or wether I could build a half decent one up? Been inspired by some great threads on here.

I'm hoping I can see what a couple of you think and what you use for certain rides which will help me make a decision.

Cheers guys :D

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Seems like a Cannondale Supersix would fit your requirement and budget (with some to spare for stuff).
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • GRicha
    smidsy wrote:
    Seems like a Cannondale Supersix would fit your requirement and budget (with some to spare for stuff).

Funny you said that as they've been growing on me the past couple of days, anyone got any good/bad experiences with them?
  • Mickyg88
    Mickyg88 Posts: 289
    Get the scott foil, I got a cr1 as a first bike, now aspire to a foil, just ask Cav which was the best bike he's ever ridden...
  • smidsy
    Cannondales come with a lifetime warranty - what else is there to know 8)
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • GRicha
    Mickyg88 wrote:
    Get the scott foil, I got a cr1 as a first bike, now aspire to a foil, just ask Cav which was the best bike he's ever ridden...

Ill just drop him a text! :P how are the CR1s?
    smidsy wrote:

That's pretty damn good! Cheers smidsy
  • Mickyg88 wrote:

You'll be getting the mclaren venge then.

;-)
    Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
    Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Mickyg88 wrote:

This.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • smidsy wrote:

Cannondale Fanboy Troll alert! :D
  • smidsy
    smidsy wrote:

Says the Anti Cannondale troll :P
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • smidsy wrote:
    smidsy wrote:

:):lol:

Actually i agree with you on this, i said in another post that Supersix are like £1300 in some places arent they? Absolute bargain if he could pick one of them up at that price. Like you say, money to spare to buy the extras and tart it up a bit.
  • GRicha
    I'm undecided about canyons I'm not sure if I like the look of them, I know you get a fair bit for your money and I've read fairly decent reviews.
    smidsy wrote:
    smidsy wrote:

:):lol:

Actually i agree with you on this, i said in another post that Supersix are like £1300 in some places arent they? Absolute bargain if he could pick one of them up at that price. Like you say, money to spare to buy the extras and tart it up a bit.

I've seen last years team colours with 105 Groupset for £1350 I'm really tempted! And as you say nice little bit to tart it up!

Anybody know of any others that can get thrown into the mix?
  • btiratsoo
    btiratsoo Posts: 204
    I have a Supersix. Bike before was an Allez. I love it. Comfortable, fast and splendid value for money.

http://road.cc/content/review/29511-can ... persix-105
  • GRicha
    btiratsoo wrote:
    I have a Supersix. Bike before was an Allez. I love it. Comfortable, fast and splendid value for money.

http://road.cc/content/review/29511-can ... persix-105

I'm pretty sure this is what I'm gonna go for, just out hunting for a bargain!!!