Which bike you getting this year?

bikeleasingco
bikeleasingco Posts: 68
edited January 2013 in MTB general
Plenty of hot new bikes around this year.

Which ones have you got yourself lined up for?

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    None
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Plenty of bikes this year that cost more than last and are a lower specification did you mean?

None anyway, I buy parts not bikes, much cheaper, the only parts now left on my bike from when it was first built are the headset and rear mech hanger!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    I'm going to build my own hard tail this year, as above newer bikes are coming out with lower specs for the same or more money
  • New road bike - Planet X N2A
    Then assorted bits for the other bikes, stuff like new brakes, wheels, mechs etc just to keep them fresh.

Plus the usual consumables, grips, tyres etc.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    None

That.

Although I am building my wife her first "proper" mtb which is an Inbred.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    What they said ^^^^

I usually buy a frame and end up changing most of the parts over 3-4 years, have had a new frame for each of the last two years so I think I'm due a steady year :lol:

Having said that CRC sales and the likely hood of going back to uni accommodation next year (and the rent-free summer that goes with it!) could mean a few nice changes over the summer :)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Presumably trying to drum up business for Bike Leasing Company, so for that reason, mind your own business.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • santa cruz v10 full carbon
  • If someone wants to buy a kidney (I have 3) then it would be a Norco A-Line or something similar.
    Other than that I may upgrade my Clockwork or have a go at building a dirt jump/beginners downhill bike from scratch.
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    Norco Sight 3 2013
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    cooldad wrote:
    Presumably trying to drum up business for Bike Leasing Company, so for that reason, mind your own business.

Nicely said!
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • milko9000
    milko9000 Posts: 533
    I already got it. In quick this time around!
  • milko9000 wrote:
    I already got it. In quick this time around!

What d'you go for?
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Sheeps mum... In Rhyl if you didnt know..
  • milko9000
    milko9000 Posts: 533
    You can take the boy out of Rhyl but not the Rhyl out of... you know what, I'm leaving that one there.

Production Privee Shan.
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    2nd hand Stinky - £420

Nice. Picking up Sunday.