Africa: the King fish conundrum

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,312
edited January 2013 in The bottom bracket
Why swim up river and then spend 3 weeks going around in circles, then swim back to sea ?

I'm sure there is a metaphor in there somewhere, but I just can't think 'cos I have been bawling for a week. Maybe they are looking for King fish Steve ?!
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• wow an existential fish....perfect with metaphorical chips.

Stokes quite existential - you get off the train and think: "WHY?????" :lol::lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,312
    Does that mean that East Kilbride is on the top of the list of metaphorical places and Stoke is on the top of the of the existench*ialists' list?

Does that also mean I can have simile ketchup with my metaphorical chips ?

Thats like having your metaphorical chips and imagining your eating something similar to them.
    My brain hurts, i'm going off to watch another episode of the magic roundabout from my archives.

*Did you like that ?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Couldn't help but think of it as some sort of annual king fish religious pilgrimage to nowhere in particular for no apparent reason - to us mere humanoids at any rate.

The rest of the time they wander around eating just about everything they happen to run into.

Metaphorically speaking like..... :?:
  • MattMTB
    MattMTB Posts: 95
    Maybe someone had a wee there and it was a warm spot? :)
  • lemon63
    lemon63 Posts: 253
    MattMTB wrote:
    Maybe someone had a wee there and it was a warm spot? :)

..... what, like a f**king big hippo? :shock:
  • Does that mean that East Kilbride is on the top of the list of metaphorical places and Stoke is on the top of the of the existench*ialists' list?

Does that also mean I can have simile ketchup with my metaphorical chips ?

Thats like having your metaphorical chips and imagining your eating something similar to them.
    My brain hurts, i'm going off to watch another episode of the magic roundabout from my archives.

*Did you like that ?

I'm from Irvine and can confidently say East Kilbride is not a metaphorical place, although it did produce JAMC and the beginnings of Primal Scream so it can't be all non metaphorical ?
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    dmclite-3.0 I hope that burger is at least 29% horsemeat.
    chop chop... neigh
    chop chop... neigh
  • RideOnTime wrote:
    chop chop... neigh
    chop chop... neigh

Nope, 100% beef from Wairose, dont you know sniff
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    RideOnTime wrote:
    chop chop... neigh
    chop chop... neigh

Nope, 100% beef from Wairose, dont you know sniff

I wouldn't get all snooty, don't you know? :wink:
  • Do reckon the fish is going around saying 'b0llox, I swim all this way for a sly wank and now i've got some existential perves spying on me.' :arrow: :evil: :?
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    But don't salmon and sea trout just go to Pitlochry and die? So what is the problem with its peripatetic cousin in Africa?
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,943
    Lagrange wrote:
    But don't salmon and sea trout just go to Pitlochry and die? So what is the problem with its peripatetic cousin in Africa?
    I thought they went there to spawn, and having done that they die (sometimes, I seem to remember that some go back?).

But the king fish don't spawn there, hence the mystery.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    Maybe they spawn stealthily - I do!
  • CrunchyToes
    CrunchyToes Posts: 2
    edited February 2016
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    We travel thousands of miles - lay on a beach for two weeks, do nothing & then go back. Maybe it's just a holiday
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    "See!!? I told you that was a f*cking dead end!"
    "Fine! Let's go back and try your way…"