Far Too Early Friday Morning Thread

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited January 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning bumders

Up early this morning. Got to get to the station for 4. Going to Naples for the weekend it seems. In other news I'm not used to waking up at this ungodly hour, it's horrible, I'm much more accustomed to going to bed around this time. Not good at all, particularly as I drank a fair bit last night.

Anyways, I'm off. Laters

Comments

• Happy Friday Maggots,

Today will be another day of 30+ temperatures, so fail.
    In fact, it was so hot yesterday that my Samsung Galaxy P1000 7" tablet overheated whilst mounted on my dashboard in it's capacity as a satnav. When it overheats, it switches off..
    Another busy day for me today, but I am not complaining because it makes the day fly by..

Wishing you all a wonderful snow and sun filled Friday, wherever you are..
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Mornin scuttlers

The usual applies. Work..... home...... walk...... sleep..... work.

Tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Morning Losers!

Fecking housemate ate all of a box of cereal, without me even having any! This has left me an angry mule.

Today is work, then playing piano for some concert thing tonight. Possibly meeting a lady friend afterwards, possibly not.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bushu
    bushu Posts: 711
    meh,
    today i will mostly be sulking as everyone i know gets paid today an i've to wait till next week for my beer tokens

Using the ESS v12 goggles today as i hear theres a snow blowing our way for hometime 8)
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Tis friday WIN!
    I think wife has transfered her lergy on to me, feel over tired and all blocked up, Meh!

Bacon roll to the rescue i feel?

Anyway onwards work dodging and fried piggy meats
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' scroungers,

Woke up this morning in a helluva mood. Swore at a few cars on the drive in (s****y weather expected today so I'm not taking on car-based commutors, on a bike, in the snow) and got in to an email from the Seniors validating my existance. Niiiice.

Sadly, however, it's put me bang-square in the centre of the Bossman's radar. Oo 'eck.

Today there will be no bacons, however tonight features a piggymeat intensive meal at a Polish place that a friend has discovered - sumptious pierogi and slabs of rough-cut pork the size of flat-head v8s. I'm sorted.

Between now and then however is the working day, and I'm not facing that f****r with caffiene.

Onwards! To coffee! And rich porky goodness!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Friday is here and not a moment too soon. Its been a pretty sh1t week of actually having to do work. This I am not used to.

On the plus side there are only three more hours to go then I'm off for a week. Weather permitting I will be in Manc land by early afternoon and sitting in a pub. I just hope they keep the airport clear for Saturday.

Last night's go-karting was a great laugh. Racing snake minion was the fastest due to being only 10 stone - power to weight ratio and all that - but lacked any decent cornering speed. Beer afterward was good too but decidedly slow this morning.

Tea to keep me away, bacons to feed me up.

Later......
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Dull week is almost over, thankfully, been good to catch up on a few bits at home, but housework is very much overrated.
    Today will be continuing on the theme of attempting to write down how to do my job.
    Later I need to clean my drive train, wash the car, go to Asda for general and baking supplies (have said I'll bake Chocolate fudge peanut butter swirl pretzel brownies and Malteser fridge cake for work) and then getting home to prepare for visitors and the return of the guy.. oh and eat a big fillet steak.... mmmmm meat.

Onwards! To administrative Asshattery!

Kisses
    FoxC
  • foxc_uk wrote:
    Chocolate fudge peanut butter swirl pretzel brownies and Malteser fridge cake
    some of this please

the weekend starts at 1:30 pm today
    this pleases me
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Bluergh.

Today is day 5 of my holiday and also day 4 of work this week. Our monumental work Christmas party (had in January,) resulted in my assistant getting suspended, me having to cancel my time off to cover him and we both have disciplinaries this afternoon. Thus today I could be unemplyed.

On a brighter note, ordered the headset for the new build so as soon as that arrives I can start building.

Whoop
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

we've still got a bit of snow here:

14881_4660450862407_1292251260_n.jpg

other than that, it's friday..woo hoo :D
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    ste_t wrote:
    we both have disciplinaries this afternoon. Thus today I could be unemplyed.
    Whoop

I look forward to hearing more about this.

Usual weekend coming up. Pub, bikes and pub. Should be good as long as it doesn't snow much today. Will probably endure another bout of Villa getting beaten by a lower league team this evening, but I'm getting used to it now, so should be ok.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    ste_t wrote:
    Bluergh.

Today is day 5 of my holiday and also day 4 of work this week. Our monumental work Christmas party (had in January,) resulted in my assistant getting suspended, me having to cancel my time off to cover him and we both have disciplinaries this afternoon. Thus today I could be unemplyed.

On a brighter note, ordered the headset for the new build so as soon as that arrives I can start building.

Whoop

did i miss the story about this or is the first time you've mentioned it?

good luck on the out come though
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning mongs!

Tired this morning thanks to both children waking up throughout the night and stopping me from sleeping. No bacon and no coffee, so I've had to make do with tea and cake.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • smegg40
    smegg40 Posts: 75
    One funeral,no wedding = fail
    Ale house wake = win
    Today is balancing it's self out so far,but could get interesting at the wake later when two sides of the family who do not like each other are in the same room,ding ding round 1.
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    ste_t wrote:
    Our monumental work Christmas party (had in January,) resulted in my assistant getting suspended, me having to cancel my time off to cover him and we both have disciplinaries this afternoon. Thus today I could be unemplyed.

Now thats what I call a party..... details please

Out with for a meal with the outlaws tonight, lots of pointless conversation about nothing interesting and minimal beer consumption, but they are paying so its sirloin for me thankyouveeeeeerymuch
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    more info on that party needed,

all fun here, from all my mileage expense considering some lighter xc hoops so i can hot swap my wheels between playing around and covering distance on the mondy...
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    pilch wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    Our monumental work Christmas party (had in January,) resulted in my assistant getting suspended, me having to cancel my time off to cover him and we both have disciplinaries this afternoon. Thus today I could be unemplyed.

Now thats what I call a party..... details please

Missed that one.

Interesting party events for me include trying to order a supercar (in bright pink) from a London dealership for a particularly attractive young lady from the office, one of my minions p*sseing in the lift of the Dover Street Restaurant and Wine Bar getting us all thrown out, car surfing in Oxford Street and crossing the roof of a well known market in the middle of the night to drop eggs on passers by. Oh how I miss London.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Thewaylander
    more info on that party needed,

all fun here, from all my mileage expense considering some lighter xc hoops so i can hot swap my wheels between playing around and covering distance on the mondy...
  • ste_t
    edited January 2013
    Oops, double post
  • ste_t
    Not mentioned it before, though happened start of last week!

A couple of us started drinking before noon. Over the course of the day/evening (we had a table booked for dinner at 7pm,) we had;

The new girl outside on the floor being sick with a gay lad trying to get it on with her because we paid him.
    2 guys playing around putting things in each others drinks fell out when it went too far and one guy flopped his junk out and dipped it in the other's pint. At the dinner table.
    Did secret santa - 1 guy bought a flowery note pad and pen set only a grandmother could love. EVERYONE else bought something from Ann Summers.
    Some people were a bit naughty.
    Plenty more that I shouldn't get into. Quite a funny story but I'll save the good bits for the c2c training ride in feb.

Though this was tamer than the last few years. A couple of times in recent years people have been arrested!
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Cannot wait for today to finish. Some lovely person has kindly crashed into my car where it was parked on the side of the road so it now has dent and scratch accessories down the passenger side. Gotta love the Cardiff ghettos.

Current family disagreement - mum wants to come to hen party, sister does not want mum to come on her hen. And it's been left to me to break the news to mum...

Funtimes ahead!
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    ste_t wrote:

A couple of us started drinking before noon. Over the course of the day/evening (we had a table booked for dinner at 7pm,) we had;

The new girl outside on the floor being sick with a gay lad trying to get it on with her because we paid him.
    2 guys playing around putting things in each others drinks fell out when it went too far and one guy flopped his junk out and dipped it in the other's pint. At the dinner table.
    Did secret santa - 1 guy bought a flowery note pad and pen set only a grandmother could love. EVERYONE else bought something from Ann Summers.
    Plenty more that I shouldn't get into. Quite a funny story but I'll save the good bits for the c2c training ride in feb.

Though this was tamer than the last few years. A couple of times in recent years people have been arrested!

If you're gunna do it, do it proper!
  • Thewaylander
    ste_t wrote:

Seriously messing with a drink is a crime, though shalt not touch a persons alcamhol :P its a commandment i think
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    MissCMC wrote:
    Current family disagreement - mum wants to come to hen party, sister does not want mum to come on her hen. And it's been left to me to break the news to mum...

Funtimes ahead!
    My Dad came on my stag do, Probably the funniest thing all weekend was seeing my dad pissed as a fart in a dodgy strip club up in nottingham doing the "Honk" hand movements uttering "Boobies" :lol:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • ste_t
    Final written warning for me. Bloody good night though!
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Problem is my mum would not get drunk and would make us all feel guilty about spending money and having a good time and about how much we drink. She would get all self righteous and preachy so we have told her she is NFI and are not talking to her anymore since she referred to us as her 'vile children' earlier. Thought we would live up to the label!
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    Ste_t will have some ideas for dealing with her, which may or may not involve paying a homosexual to molest her.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    MissCMC wrote:
    Problem is my mum would not get drunk and would make us all feel guilty about spending money and having a good time and about how much we drink. She would get all self righteous and preachy so we have told her she is NFI and are not talking to her anymore since she referred to us as her 'vile children' earlier. Thought we would live up to the label!

How about spiking her drink and then leaving her clingfilmed naked to a lamppost.
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • ste_t
    EH_Rob wrote:
    Ste_t will have some ideas for dealing with her, which may or may not involve paying a homosexual to molest her.

Depends how hot she is