Tenerife (or any canaries) Training Camps

simonker
simonker Posts: 4
Does anyone have any recommendations.. I have 1 or 2 weeks at the end of feb/beginning of march to kill. and Majorca is still a little too cool for me at that time of year? I am looking for either a camp or a good cyclist-friendly hotel so any tips would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• If you are thinking of the Canaries Tenerife is by far the best choise for training. I can advise you on the mountain routes etc but I dont have much info on hotels etc other than if the area they are situated is ideal. There are loads of web sites that rent out apartments etc.
    I live up in the mountains above Los Cristianos (south of the island) so if you come you are welcome to come out with me training.
    If you want any info send me a PM , I can show you routes etc on Strava.

Gavin
  • Hey Gavin,

Thanks a lot for your advice - we have gone for it (i roped in 2 mates) and will be visiting tenerife from the 2nd-10th of march... I tried to PM you but i need to "participate more" before i can use the PM function :). It would be great to see your Strava routes etc. and you are welcome to come out with us when we are there... We'll be staying in Arona.

Speak to you soon
  • Hi Simon
    Thats great, I will send you a PM with my email address and number.

Thanks
    Gavin
  • carbon337
    carbon337 Posts: 414
    Looking for ubber cheap accomodation for one in early March for a week, anyone else going who needs a bed filled in an appartment?

PM if you do or know of anywhere good to stay on cheap.