Wearing clothes on a date.

willhub
willhub Posts: 821
edited January 2013 in The bottom bracket
If you're for example not sure what sort of clothes to wear on a date, would it not be best to just get dressed smart in work clothes and just say that you've came from work?

And this whole adding "xxxx" to end of messages seems odd, should guys do it?

Comments

• Well not if you're the department store Santa, or maybe one of the Elves?

It's always ok to put xxxx on messages, especially to you male friends or your Boss. Better still is to go for the full effect of <3 xxxx <3

I find this works well, especially with people you've just met, or those with who your restraining order has just expired.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Depends if you do your job, then I'd say no as Burton rarely impresses the ladeeeeeees.

The Delicious Victoria and I always find time to mock people in suits who try that "I'm so important, I work so hard, look at me unshaven in my suit with my tie undone on the train at 9 at night" look as generally the important ones are at home or in the chauffer driven Jag getting plebs to work late ......
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    edited January 2013
    Bloody Hell its a New World order, Willhub's got a job, and now hes got a date, you must be becoming Socially Mobile and therefore more attractive to the Ladies/(boys).

Well done mate, maybe we'll get some smiles from you in 2013, or maybe you ll end up with a career and a Wife and become as Miserable as the bloody rest of us.
  • If you want an honest answer just be yourself & wear what you feel comfortable in. Go for jeans, shirt & jacket which covers most age ranges & places your likely to be going on your date.

Dressing as if you have come from work & then making some half arsed excuse will just sound odd.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Things are looking up Will, new job and a date eh? Get in there! As for the xxxx thing on messages, of course guys can do it. What is the lucky fellas name anyway? Don't tell us it's Steve!
  • tim_wand
    Things are looking up Will, new job and a date eh? Get in there! As for the xxxx thing on messages, of course guys can do it. What is the lucky fellas name anyway? Don't tell us it's Steve!

Classic CB you ve sussed it , I was wondering why he was asking who Steve is? Willhub's got a stalker, hes obviously marketing more than just his employer in is new Telesales job. 0898 Willhub for "guys in your area who do lycra"
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Right, serious advice time.

Just wash, shave, wear clean whatever you want. If he's agreed to go out with you then he doesn't care what you wear. Just don't turn up in head to toe brand new Fat Face and pretend to be outward bounds man.

If he wants to go mad and have that 3rd bottle of vino collapso, don't say no "because you're going ridding tomorrow" - go with the flow.

Have a laugh and fukkkk it - sometimes you have to live it.

Carpe diem my son, carpe diem.
  • willhub
    Unfortunately I've not got a date lol. I was just planning lol.
  • tim_wand
    Remember Will as exciting as this all is, take some precautions.

No matter how the wine flows make sure you ve got some Assos Chamois creme for when the moments right.

And if you wake up in a basement somewhere, remember to tell Aggieboy how much we all miss him.
  • tim_wand
    willhub wrote:
    Unfortunately I've not got a date lol. I was just planning lol.

Bloody Hell, Wills date , Just another Ezy boys Graphics Thread. :roll:
  • willhub
    I don't understand.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Smart casual is the way to go. Nicely polished shoes or smart clean trainers. You can tell a lot about a man by their footwear according to the Mrs CB. Definitely not white trainers though! Oh and needless to say clean socks, clean your ears and get rid of any bike grease under your nails. You're good to go, good luck and have fun.

Edit; On the off chance you ever get a date Will, here is some advice. :roll:
  • tim_wand
    willhub wrote:
    I don't understand.

Sorry Will, I m just a sad old man trying to vicariously re live my youth throught a thrusting young buck like you.

I appreciate sometimes life is hard and confusing and you have to ask the big questions and rely on sage old heads like Yossie et al to share their wisdom.

I apologise for taking this opportunity to mock, and wish you well on your quest for love.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Leather pants always make an impression. :wink:
    Oh and don't forget plenty of Brut. In fact, splash it all over.
  • SeeFarr
    SeeFarr Posts: 14
    It all depends on where your going on a date. I wouldnt recommend wearing a suit if your going bowling or for a leisurely stroll. The same goes for jeans and trainers if your going to a top class restaurant or busting some moves at a swanky club.
    Just dress appropriately for the occasion and you 'shouldnt' go wrong.
  • So that explains all the bad weather - its caused by a change in air pressure due to all the females breathing a sigh of relief.

Anyway if he's one of the alkys off POF you could wear a jimmy saville tracksuit and still fancy your chances - and remember eating chips at a bus stop doesnt count as a meal out. :D:lol: :roll: :mrgreen:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • CrunchyToes
    CrunchyToes Posts: 2
    edited February 2016
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • I'm being thick here, but is will planning a date with a man or a lady ?
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    For fun - Judge by the person you are meeting. Smart casual or dress to impress. Whatever it takes for a result.

Planning on it lasting - Wear what you would normally. If they don't like you then there is no future pretending to be what you are not.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    I'm being thick here, but is will planning a date with a man or a lady ?

I'd heard it was a lady-boy 8)
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    (in Ron Burgundy voice)

will...will.... will.... will gather round an let me explain something i've learn't about the fairer sex..

tassles, chicks dig tassles

When you do find that special "filly", get her a present....no women in the world can resist the allure of a gold sovereign ring

similar to this gorgeous little number....

9ct-yellow-gold-18mm-leaf-sovereign-ring_zps3c096b96.jpg
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Hmmm... poor unsuspecting female who might be on a collision course with neanderthal bloke who cycles to work and festers all day in sweaty clothing. Poor female has only heard the dulcet tones of her potential suitor yet has not seen him (yet).

But wait... all is not lost. Willhub has not actually got a date, this is just hypothetical.

Whatever you do, you must change your underwear: I mean that metaphorically.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • SeeFarr
    SeeFarr Posts: 14
    daviesee wrote:
    For fun - Judge by the person you are meeting. Smart casual or dress to impress. Whatever it takes for a result.

Planning on it lasting - Wear what you would normally. If they don't like you then there is no future pretending to be what you are not.

Well said.
  • DesB3rd
    DesB3rd Posts: 285
    daviesee wrote:
    Wear what you would normally. If they don't like you then there is no future pretending to be what you are not.

Caveat: “normally... in that situation.” An old tracksuit isn't a goer in a nice restaurant.

Interestingly (using that term loosely) that relationship change/degrade with time is possibly attributeable to our first hiding elements or our character then being moulded by our partners to a mutually agreeable form; then as the years trip by we "unmould" back into out genuine self, which isn't necessarily a good thing.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Will any "date" has to consensual. Please google the meaning of kidnap and unlawful inprisonment.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Will any "date" has to consensual. Please google the meaning of kidnap and unlawful inprisonment.

Or PM Aggieboy!
  • and remember rohypnol isnt une aide d'amour - its illegal. :) :x :wink:

And always go on first dates in a taxi - that way you can drive past and have a squint at the fella, and if he looks like anne widdicombe, jobs a good 'un - otherwise drive on. :!: :P :(
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I'm being thick here, but is will planning a date with a man or a lady ?

Or perhaps a ladyboy ?
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • tim_wand
    I think its bloody sad that poor old Will hasnt got a date. But at least he's showing some optimism at last by planning for the eventuality, I think it is beholden to us his friends on BB to assist.

Knowing of Will's computer competencies and love of I.T , I think On line dating is the way forwards for BB's favourite bachelor boy.

With this in mind I think we should assist him to write a lonely hearts ad, Heres my punt.

"Recently nubile fit athletic eternal optimist with gsoh would like to meet similar in Cheshire area for ride outs and possible tandem experiences"
  • tim wand wrote:

"Recently nubile fit athletic eternal optimist with gsoh would like to meet similar in Cheshire area for ride outs and possible tandem experiences....bike optional"
    :lol::lol::lol: