Forest of Dean - this weekend..conditions!

JunFan
JunFan Posts: 23
edited January 2013 in Routes
Hi all,

Myself and a group of friends are looking at heading over to FOD this Saturday - none of us have ridden there before - it's about 2hrs15 mins, which isn't an issue - just wondering if anyone knows what the conditions are like though? I see that a downhill event has been cancelled - and don't want to travel over if it's going to be a bit sketchy everywhere/un-rideable! If it is - then may try something closer to home!

Cheers

Rob

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    don't bother mate, if you're travelling that far. i saw a pic taken yesterday and there was still about a foot of snow on the trail.

checko out www.fodmtb.com for more info
  • JunFan
    Ah ok! Cheers for the quick reply - is it worth going when it's not bloody snowing?!
  • welshkev
    JunFan wrote:
    Ah ok! Cheers for the quick reply - is it worth going when it's not bloody snowing?!

yes mate, i love it there and i live about 5 miles from cwmcarn :)

the 2 xc trails are nothing testing, just good fun. and there's 5 or 6 DH trails which are great fun to ride.
  • JunFan
    Ahh! That's cool! The South East is pretty flat in comparison! My parents live in Pembrokeshire, so try to get over to Wales as much as possible! Think we're going to try Cannock now....!
  • welshkev
    JunFan wrote:
    Ahh! That's cool! The South East is pretty flat in comparison! My parents live in Pembrokeshire, so try to get over to Wales as much as possible! Think we're going to try Cannock now....!

cool, you have cwmcarn, afan and brechfa all on the way to pembrokeshire - a nice choice to have :)
  • concorde
    concorde Posts: 1,008
    Reckon FoD is rideable tomorrow? Planning on going there from Cardiff?
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    I'm heading down there on Sunday.

Thinks its gonna be clear tomorrow, but f*ck*ng cold so any remaining snow will still be there.

Gonna rain Sat night, so im hoping it will be gone on Sunday
  • concorde
    Going to give it a go tomorrow. Rained today so should clear some, above 3 from early so hopefully it'll be nice and softened up by the time we get there. I'll let you know.
  • concorde
    Rideable but lots of slippery snow about, not worth travelling too from far!