What Is Alleged?

RideOnTime
RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
edited January 2013 in The bottom bracket
Stuart Hall. Always thought he was a good presenter. So he is alleged to have knocked one out on it's a 'KnockOneOut'?

is that the case?

Comments

• Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    It was a game which unfortunately did not have a frontier.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Alleged, in layman's terms, is "We say you did it and you're going in front of the beak/jury to answer for the charges being raised but until its confirmed that you did or didn't do it we can't say that you did it and you can't be punished for it" - essentially the state of play before being proven gulity or innocent in a Court of Law.

From a brief read of the papers (broadsheets, not legal bundle) the rozzers have found evidence that, in their eyes, justifies charges being raised against SH (ie strong enough for the CPA to push ahead with the trial) however nothing has yet been proven in Court.

Whether or not he did it, and whether or not he is found guilty/not guilty is a case for his conscience, the Courts and St Peter upstairs.
  • Hehe, so when he said "and here come the belgians' :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,218
    Yossie wrote:
    Alleged, in layman's terms, is "We say you did it and you're going in front of the beak/jury to answer for the charges being raised but until its confirmed that you did or didn't do it we can't say that you did it and you can't be punished for it" - essentially the state of play before being proven gulity or innocent in a Court of Law.

From a brief read of the papers (broadsheets, not legal bundle) the rozzers have found evidence that, in their eyes, justifies charges being raised against SH (ie strong enough for the CPA to push ahead with the trial) however nothing has yet been proven in Court.

Whether or not he did it, and whether or not he is found guilty/not guilty is a case for his conscience, the Courts and St Peter upstairs.

I thought the arbiters of whether someone is guilty or not were the tabloid media? Surely the Courts are just there to ratify the papers' decision?
  • Yossie
    Pross wrote:
    Yossie wrote:

I thought the arbiters of whether someone is guilty or not were the tabloid media? Surely the Courts are just there to ratify the papers' decision?

Allegedly, yes.
  • RideOnTime
    Well I hope his lawyers stick closely to their briefs.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Yes, this is going too far. I was in the pub the other day with my OH and we were celebrating. There were these guys shouting 'Paedo, paedo, paedo...' at me, just 'cos she's 23 and i'm forty odd. Totally ruined our 10th anniversary.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    I don't suppose we can expect any re-runs of "It's a Cockout" then?
  • Yossie
    On a serious note, I must admit to not knowing (or understanding) wtf is going on.

So far we have (alleged and, as far as I know, proven):
    Saville
    Glitter
    Hall
    DLT
    plus the other unnamed and named that I've forgotten

investigated/questioned/charged over hundreds of alleged offences.

I just can't get my head around it all - its utterly, utterly appalling and unforgiveable and people who commit these crimes should be tracked down and prosectuted, but how did it all happen, why did it happen and why was it not noted/reported before?

We're looking at a big circle of people here in one industry - surely someone somewhere must have known what was going on. And whats the bigger circle that we don't yet know about?

Utterly appalling state of society of it took so long for this all to come to light.
  • Yossie wrote:
    On a serious note, I must admit to not knowing (or understanding) wtf is going on.

So far we have (alleged and, as far as I know, proven):
    Saville
    Glitter
    Hall
    DLT
    plus the other unnamed and named that I've forgotten

investigated/questioned/charged over hundreds of alleged offences.

I just can't get my head around it all - its utterly, utterly appalling and unforgiveable and people who commit these crimes should be tracked down and prosectuted, but how did it all happen, why did it happen and why was it not noted/reported before?

We're looking at a big circle of people here in one industry - surely someone somewhere must have known what was going on. And whats the bigger circle that we don't yet know about?

Utterly appalling state of society of it took so long for this all to come to light.

Don't think Hall and DLT have had their day in court yet?? So still just allegations as far as they are concerned.
  • Pross
    Others who have been named in allegations that I can think of are Jim Davidson and Paul Daniels. The severity of the allegations seems to vary hugely as well but the press don't seem to differentiate when reporting on it between those alleged to have had a quick snog with a 17 year old and those who are alleged to have raped young kids.

As for the 'why now' question, I assume that after a few people mentioned the Saville stuff people suddenly realised they would be able to speak of their own ordeals with these people who they probably felt had too much power and influence at the time. Much like all the other institutional abuse scandals (church, children's homes, schools etc.). I suspect there are also some people who are trying to use the abuse of others for personal gain as well though.
  • RideOnTime
    Pross wrote:
    Paul Daniels.

Paul Daniels - alleged - shock :o:o:o
    I have heard people say "I wonder what that lovely Debbie McGEE sees in millionaire Paul Daniels"

oh yer... :roll:
  • Pross
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Paul Daniels.

I have heard people say "I wonder what that lovely Debbie McGEE sees in millionaire Paul Daniels"

Yeah, that was Mrs Merton's question directly to him :lol:
  • RideOnTime
    Now that's MAGIC...
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Pross wrote:
    RideOnTime wrote:
    Pross wrote:
    Paul Daniels.

Yeah, that was Mrs Merton's question directly to him :lol:

To her, surely? ie what do you see in the millionaire Paul Daniels?
  • I could tell you a tale about mister daniels - he's a very sinister chap - and was very nearly an ex sinister chap.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    I could tell you a tale about mister daniels - he's a very sinister chap - and was very nearly an ex sinister chap.

What is this a Max Bygraves/Paul Daniels mashup? I wanna tell you a story, not a lot!

Worried you might be kicked out of the magic circle?
  • I could tell you a tale about mister daniels - he's a very sinister chap - and was very nearly an ex sinister chap.
    I've always thought that as well. There is something odd about him, but I can't put my finger on it.

Come to that, neither can he now.