Woodcote CX Sportive

Frostys
Frostys Posts: 277
Is anyone planning to take part in this next week?

http://www.cxsportive.com/events/woodcote-cx-jan-2013/

I've signed up for the 80km route and was wondering if anyone had any tips from doing it last year.
Ribble Gran Fondo
Guerciotti Lyra Cross
Trek 6000 S/S

Comments

• othello
    othello Posts: 577
    Frostys wrote:
    Is anyone planning to take part in this next week?

http://www.cxsportive.com/events/woodcote-cx-jan-2013/

I've signed up for the 80km route and was wondering if anyone had any tips from doing it last year.

I'm doing it this year. I live just around the corner and this takes in most of my local roads and hills. Should be a good ride and pretty lumpy! I was out over part of the route on Sunday and bits which weren't covered in snow were a mudfest (and I was on my MTB). I think file tread tyres on my cross bike won't cut it!
    Blogging about junior road bikes http://junior-road-bikes.tumblr.com
  • Done twice , dam good event, good mix of road & track , and woodland at the end.
    I think this is best one these guys run. I did he'll of the west cyclocross sportive on dartmoor this year and was best event I have done.
    I think it's going to wet on Sunday , on with shoe covers I think !!!
    Cheers see you there .
    Last year 80 km in 4, 05 min
  • Frostys
    Frostys Posts: 277
    Been watching the weather for Sunday and its looking like a Mudfest is ahead. Met Office is saying +9c and rain all day.... Deep Joy....!!!

@Othello I've got Schwalbe Smart Sam's on mine so hope they've got enough grip to get through the worst of it. I have read that it can be a bit of a puncture party due to the flinty nature of the trail.
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Guerciotti Lyra Cross
    Trek 6000 S/S
  • Keep tyre pressure up , using kenda small block 8 @ 80 psi
    Had one punture in five cx sportives.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    othello wrote:
    I'm doing it this year. I live just around the corner and this takes in most of my local roads and hills. Should be a good ride and pretty lumpy! I was out over part of the route on Sunday and bits which weren't covered in snow were a mudfest (and I was on my MTB). I think file tread tyres on my cross bike won't cut it!

Good man! Saw a lot of the riders out last year - the look on their faces was a great mix of pain, elation and mud. More of the same this year I expect!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • othello
    othello Posts: 577
    othello wrote:

Good man! Saw a lot of the riders out last year - the look on their faces was a great mix of pain, elation and mud. More of the same this year I expect!

Possible change of plan on my part -- slipped on some ice yesterday and have done my back in. D-day tomorrow to see if I'm fit to ride :(
    Blogging about junior road bikes http://junior-road-bikes.tumblr.com
  • It was fun! 60k route for me, loads of mud, good atmosphere. Crap signing in a couple of places, but apart from that a Sun morning v well spent. For this time of year its a great idea for an event - hope to do some more.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    othello wrote:
    othello wrote:

Possible change of plan on my part -- slipped on some ice yesterday and have done my back in. D-day tomorrow to see if I'm fit to ride :(

Nooooo. Did you ride in the end?
    FCN 3 / 4