I like technology, but is this a step too far?

FocusZing
FocusZing Posts: 4,373
edited January 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Sergey Brin tests Google Glass on New York subway:

Sergey-Brin-008.jpg

"Google Glass is expected to be made available to developers later this year, costing $1,500, and Google is inviting developers to "hackathons" in San Francisco later this year, and in New York at the beginning of February, to try to figure out interesting applications for the glasses. Brin has previously said the biggest problem has been the battery life, though Google is working on that."

google-glasses.top_.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/20 ... ork-subway

We spend enough time on computers as it is, if this takes off it's getting bloody silly.

Comments

• projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Augmented reality p0rn.
    gps maps for trail riding would be useful for trail riding etc.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    FocusZing wrote:
    google-glasses.top_.jpg
    I would.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • FocusZing
    Augmented reality p0rn.

Very good valid reasons, just seems a little too much. Lots of people walking all over the shop, not taking in the environment around them.

So much information and it abundance can make things more confusing.
  • nice, you could watch a film while driving to make long journeys more interesting
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I would.

Repeatedly.

I can't wait for the first person to die crossing a road becuase they were watching something more 'interesting'.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    njee20 wrote:
    I would.

Repeatedly.

I can't wait for the first person to die crossing a road becuase they were watching something more 'interesting'.

I've always wanted to do a bird wearing glasses............ wonder if she would lend foxc her glasses?
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • marz
    marz Posts: 130
    njee20 wrote:
    I would.

Repeatedly.

You don't think this has happened already with folks walking while with their heads down looking at their phone.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    marz wrote:
    njee20 wrote:
    I would.

Repeatedly.

You don't think this has happened already with folks walking while with their heads down looking at their phone.

About three months ago a young girl got hit by a train on a level crossing in the park next to my house - listening to headphones. So sad but it shows how much you need you senses
  • FocusZing
    This thread has definately proved. It doesn't matter how shite the product is, sex sells.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    FocusZing wrote:
    Augmented reality p0rn.
    just seems a little too much. Lots of people walking all over the shop, not taking in the environment around them.
    Fnar fnar.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    FocusZing wrote:
    Augmented reality p0rn.

Very good valid reasons, just seems a little too much. Lots of people walking all over the shop, not taking in the environment around them.

So much information and it abundance can make things more confusing.

They already have augmented reality map apps on the iphone and the LG optimus 3D etc so it's more or less just a different viewpoint
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    so it's more or less just a different viewpoint[/quote]

Well, there's a statement which at first is harmless but if you were a Jew in Germany circa 1940 .......Who knows where it will all lead to.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Woodmonkey wrote:
    nice, you could watch a film while driving to make long journeys more interesting

Can't for my road rage to come out now I can turn my attention away from mobile users driving cars at me.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Richie63 wrote:
    so it's more or less just a different viewpoint

Well, there's a statement which at first is harmless but if you were a Jew in Germany circa 1940 .......Who knows where it will all lead to.[/quote]

The invention of the gas powered shower?
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Gazlar wrote:

The invention of the gas powered shower?

now they can cleanse
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo