Tyre choice for on/off road race

MikeWW
MikeWW Posts: 723
edited January 2013 in Amateur race
Entered the LVRC OMLOOP VAN DER DRIE DORPEN race . Scroll down the page here http://lvrc.org/latest_news.asp
So sections include this
omloop_clip_image006.jpg
this
omloop_clip_image004.jpg
and this
omloop_clip_image008.jpg

Anyone got any suggestions on tyre choice?

Comments

• MikeWW
    OK Thanks
    Not cheap are they!
  • Dess1e
    Dess1e Posts: 239
    No, but then factor in the cost of entering and driving down to Daventry and not finishing due to a puncture and it starts to look cheaper.

I'd have been tempted to ride that myself, but I'm supporting my sister in the Paris Marathon that weekend.
  • Jim C
    Jim C Posts: 333
    Michelin Krylion Carbon highly recommended by a previous winner of the Rutland Melton cicle classic. Terrain looks similar

Now called Pro4 Endurance - I think. Someone correct me please
    jc
  • racingcondor
    racingcondor Posts: 1,434
    Tub or clincher?

I'd probably go with either a Pave or a GP 4 Season. Depending on the length of the off road sections you might want to look at 25mm tyres etc.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    As long as the tracks aren't flinty, I'd go for a wider tyre for volume and grip - Challenge Pariji Roubaix are slightly cheaper than Open Paves.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    I saw that race advertised when browsing for my first season of LVRC events. Looked interesting and a bit different but it's a bit of a trek though so probably won't bother. Be interested to here your experience of it.
  • MikeWW
    Pross wrote:
    I saw that race advertised when browsing for my first season of LVRC events. Looked interesting and a bit different but it's a bit of a trek though so probably won't bother. Be interested to here your experience of it.
    Will be happy to give you some feedback. Think it was filling up fast when I entered