The Terrible Tuesday Thread

Raymondavalon
Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
edited January 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Maggots,

A busy day yesterday and an early night last night... much needed

Today is equally budy with me spending most of the day on the road again, sadly
Been watching Sky and BBC news and I have to admit, I do miss the snow this time of year, but I guess 30C+ temps are a good substitute

Wishing you all a bacon filled day...

Comments

• Beaten by 30 seconds!

Mehning Losers!

I've got the signs of a cold descending upon me :evil: I blame the housemates and Wiggle.

Sadly, even though we've had more snow, and the garden fence looks a bit stupid with the amount of snow perched on the top of it, I imagine that work will still be open as the roads are clear. Stupid roads. My new house is going to be a lot further out from Leeds, so I will have that as a good excuse to stay at home.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • morning dedicated workforce,

back to work after a long weekend due to snow closures,
    this does not please me

later.
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' fluffers,

Most office people made it in to work yesterday despite endless excuses of closed schools and snow. Lazy b*****ds.

Fingers crossed, today will feature German engineers (both of them) swarming our facility to give some key equipment a thorough servicing. If not, I have plenty to be getting on with, in terms of sourcing upgrades for other bits of kit. There shall also be harrassing of the incompetent.

Tonight, I shall have stir-fry for tea, because as the shampoo adverts tell me 'I'm worth it'!

Onwards! To coffee! And probably more coffee! because, damn, I need it.....
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Interesting drive to 'work' this morning after the snow finally arrived last night. Many an abandoned BMW by the road side unable to make it up a little slope. It is probably nothing to do with the car but more likely the driver as most of them around here haven't got a clue how to drive.

Porridge has been had and tea is on the way. Today should pass quite quickly as I have some work to do for a change.

Later......
  • cicatriz wrote:
    Many an abandoned BMW by the road side unable to make it up a little slope.
    This!
    Just got to work, and a BMW was struggling to reverse up the smallest of gradients. It was trying to be pushed by the security guard (leaving the door to anyone) and an IT guy who's built like a brick sh*t house. They were getting nowhere. I came along, shouted some instructions of which way to turn, not to brake :roll: and then I pushed and it got out.

Basically, I'm awesome 8)
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    cicatriz wrote:
    Many an abandoned BMW by the road side unable to make it up a little slope.
    This!
    Just got to work, and a BMW was struggling to reverse up the smallest of gradients.

Wasn't me - I am fantastic and had mine sideways lots today :)
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning scuttlers

Quick coffee break following a trip merthyr, no sharks but it is like Narnia up there, yet so many suntans.

Aberdare next

Tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Evening Losers :)

Today i will be travelling to Denmark from Heathrow Terminal 5 oh yey! not. So a steady drive down this afternoon and hope the traffic isnt total pap with the weather People driving like nutters and hitting ice and all that.

Otherwise crazy days Ex is confusing the hell outta me with wanting to get back together but with nothing changing about where we would end up (And im definately not going to live in Holland!!)

Other wise im getting fat playing games, need to ride more so an investment in some winter gloves may be in order.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Muesli and hot soya milk consumed. And that's the highlight of my day right there.
    Especially since The Guy is in Chatel and just texted to say he was in 2 foot of fresh snow.
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • Thewaylander
    foxc_uk wrote:
    'ning
    Muesli and hot soya milk consumed. And that's the highlight of my day right there.
    Especially since The Guy is in Chatel and just texted to say he was in 2 foot of fresh snow.
    Kisses
    FoxC

Threaten death.
  • Gazlar
    Scratch what I said earlier, trainee just took my aberdare and the Barry Island after it, meaning I now have a break until 2, shame I've not got my gym stuff with me, guess I'll just have to coffee up
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    'ow do,

Been at work since 6, nothing going right today. Putting off breakfast as I have porridge which tastes like milky dust. Finish at 3 and will having several beers just because I can.

Tarah
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    foxc_uk wrote:
    'ning
    Kisses
    FoxC

Threaten death.
    As he dislocated his shoulder on sunday, it's quite likely he'll end up in a ditch without any help from me...
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mehning,
    Busy bee is busy.
    porridge and coffee consumed, and i'm auditing myself today, "Fun" i hear you cry, well you cant help, so there!!!!

Turned the stability control off on the car last night for a bit, much fun was had trying to go in a straight line :)

Vibrams should turn up today :)

Tonight should see the HT being sold and a possibilty of looking at a new car?

Onwards to paper chasing!!!

Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • "Good mooning" said in allo allo stylee

2-10 this week so its going to be a boring week, but may give me chance to get out on the bike if i dare, started going the gym with t'other half, enjoying it which is strange because i hated it last time out.

But i suppose its better than freezing my nuts off and helps keeps the legs spinning.

On another note ryvita and brussels pate is a good substitute for bacons.

Laters peeps
    work hard, play hard, fall hard

cube stereo 2010

Felt Z95 2013
  • VWsurfbum
    No, No its not, Bacons is a substitute for bacons.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    VWsurfbum wrote:

+1

Morrrning all.

Today has been brightened up by a new girl joining, her desk is next to mine :) It's funny, up untill now I was determined to get all this work done before lunch. Ain't happening fo sh1t
  • Gazlar
    edited January 2013
    VWsurfbum wrote:

Ryvita and Brussels Pate is a good substitute for being found dead in a gay paedophilic auto erotic asphyxiation accident

On a similar note, my bacon substitute had been cramming ginger cake in my mouth.
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Result....

Bumped into a work colleague at 11AM whilst on the road, he treated me to bacon, eggs, toast and cofeee at the local Spur, which is called the Misty Hills Spur.. "Misty Hills" sounds like a p0rn star to me...
    I did a Google image search on Misty Hills and found maily scenic photos, but also a few NSFW additions :o)
  • Gazlar wrote:

Ryvita and Brussels Pate is a good substitute for being found dead in a gay paedophilic auto erotic asphyxiation accident

On a similar note, my bacon substitute had been cramming ginger c--k in my mouth.

There fixed that for you :D

Do not worry gents this is not permanent, there is a method in my madness it keeps the t' other half happy which also has its benefits. :wink:
    work hard, play hard, fall hard

cube stereo 2010

Felt Z95 2013
  • Gazlar
    Ahhh the last laugh is on you, cake and c--keep is the same thing in here, so I was already cramming it in my gob, so don't get coming giving me a mouthful.

Hang on a minute

Fark
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    VWsurfbum wrote:

Very much this. Is porridge supposed to be like soggy weetabix? Tastes like arse aswell.
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Funtimes digging the car off the drive this morning after the fresh snow last night. Words had with boss about the fact that I was going to be late through no fault of my own. Currently FML.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    Afternoon all. Well I sort of returned to the living today after a day of wellness fail yesterday...except pilates this morning killed me so I am now feeling just as fecked again :(

This afternoon I shall do work, followed by meeting a friend at Meadowhell for coffee (I will also go buy jalapeno Cheetos Crunchy to console myself for having to visit that damn awful place), then return home to tidy up in preparation for the boy from Hudds visiting me tomorrow, followed by more work (or more likely procrastinate the hell out of the rest of the evening).

No bacons in the house, just ate ice cream with salted caramel sauce mmm :)
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • Thewaylander
    nearly time to head of to Dk..

M4 is apparently moving so slooow cruise down i thinks
  • VWsurfbum
    MissBint37 wrote:
    will also go buy jalapeno Cheetos
    Wooooooooooo hold the world still a moment!
    Why was i not informed they sell such goodness?

In other news, still not had any chocolate this year!

Wooo me
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • St Mark
    St Mark Posts: 43
    Car back from a service at the garage, mechanic described it as a ryvita and brussels pate of a vehicle. So it looks like my car is now worth less than my bike. Might be better post on the commuting forum- my bikes worth more than my car to cheer myself up.

Better still i'm off to track down some jalapeno cheetos.
  • St Mark
    St Mark Posts: 43
    http://law.rightpundits.com/?p=565

It's things like this that give cheetos a bad name.
  • VWsurfbum
    St Mark wrote:
    http://law.rightpundits.com/?p=565

It's things like this that give cheetos a bad name.
    She'd get it!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    MissBint37 wrote:
    will also go buy jalapeno Cheetos
    Wooooooooooo hold the world still a moment!
    Why was i not informed they sell such goodness?
    They are one of the few things I miss from the US, other than peanut butter MMs and The Cheesecake Factory! You can usually buy them from those American candy stores but sadly they cost a small fortune here :?
    Ride it like you stole it!