Uk bike park

welshkev
welshkev Posts: 9,690
edited January 2013 in Routes
I'm off to uk bike park Sunday but the website doesn't haves postcode for the sat nav. Anyone have one?

Comments

• stir88
    stir88 Posts: 124
    Hi, The nearest postcode is DT11 0SF for the village of shillingstone,if i rememeber rightly once there, there are uk bikepark signs to follow. If not, i found this info. hope it helps. Problem is you will be coming from the west. If you use this postcode: DT11 0SF this will provide you with directions to the village of shillingstone at the base of the bike park.

Assuming you are traveling into shillingstone from Blandford Direction (ie from the east) you must continue alon gthe main road exiting shillingstone for approximately 1 mile until you reach a cross roads called 'new cross'. Here you must turn left off the main road following the sign for okeford fitzpaine approx 1 mile from the main road. Travel through the village not turning off the road until you have exited the village and are travelling uphill through a tree tunnel. At the top of the tree tunnel the road forks and you must take the road to the left continuing uphill. The road will continue uphill and once at the brow of the hill slow down to take a track to the left 30 metres further on. Follow the track and you have arrived at Ukbikepark..

anyproblems call the park phone on: 07881571069
  • welshkev
    stir88 wrote:
    Hi, The nearest postcode is DT11 0SF for the village of shillingstone,if i rememeber rightly once there, there are uk bikepark signs to follow. If not, i found this info. hope it helps. Problem is you will be coming from the west. If you use this postcode: DT11 0SF this will provide you with directions to the village of shillingstone at the base of the bike park.

Assuming you are traveling into shillingstone from Blandford Direction (ie from the east) you must continue alon gthe main road exiting shillingstone for approximately 1 mile until you reach a cross roads called 'new cross'. Here you must turn left off the main road following the sign for okeford fitzpaine approx 1 mile from the main road. Travel through the village not turning off the road until you have exited the village and are travelling uphill through a tree tunnel. At the top of the tree tunnel the road forks and you must take the road to the left continuing uphill. The road will continue uphill and once at the brow of the hill slow down to take a track to the left 30 metres further on. Follow the track and you have arrived at Ukbikepark..

anyproblems call the park phone on: 07881571069

cheers dude, yeah after i wrote this i did a google search and found the same thing :D
  • scottfitz
    scottfitz Posts: 283
    What tyre are you using Kev?
  • welshkev
    scottfitz wrote:
    What tyre are you using Kev?

i've got the standard specialized tyres on there at the minute ( i have no idea what they are sorry)

but i usually run a 2.5 minion/high roller combination
  • Dave_P1
    Dave_P1 Posts: 565
    Not sure if you mean't this Sunday, but the park is closed for the weekend due to the snow
  • welshkev
    Dave_P1 wrote:
    Not sure if you mean't this Sunday, but the park is closed for the weekend due to the snow

yeah, cheers mate. i got an email and have re booked - i couldn't have even got to the end of my road, let alone dorset :lol:
  • Dave_P1
    Dave_P1 Posts: 565
    I thought that might have been the case, but mentioned it anyway just to be on the safe side.