Tyre Sizes

jambojimbo
jambojimbo Posts: 4
edited January 2013 in MTB beginners
Hi people

I come in search of some help. I have been going round and round looking for my answer but haven't found anything that will help. Please forgive me if there is a post somewhere that this has been answered before.

I have a MTB that has some 26x1.50 rims on it, I recently changed the knobblies over to some Schwalbe Road Cruiser 26X1.75 Tyre with Puncture Protection 750g (47-559), all has been well but I am finding myself on the turbo trainer more and more so want to get a specific tyre to aid longevity and hopefully reduced noise. The TT tyre is a Schwalbe Insider 26 X 1.35 Folding Tyre Turbo Trainer 470g (35-559). My question is will this tyre fit my will OK given the difference in width?

Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.

Comments

• Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    26 x 1.5" is the tyre size, not the rim size. Find out your rim width - but I don't see why they wouldn't fit.
  • Greer_ wrote:
    26 x 1.5" is the tyre size, not the rim size. Find out your rim width - but I don't see why they wouldn't fit.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I shall pop in the shed first thing and have a look then report back.

Thanks again.
  • Hi back again. After one more search this I come across this thread viewtopic.php?t=12867485&p=17756511

My rims are "araya japan 26"x1.50 he vp-20", old yes but serving their purpose at getting me on a bike at last. Had the bike since ' 96 and has only been ridden a handful of times, literally. So instead of dumping it I'll use it on the trainer until I've had enough of it and want to upgrade it.

I take it from the other thread, and your comment above, the Schwalbe Insiders will be fine.

TIA