rear mech

treadzmac
treadzmac Posts: 32
edited January 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Just about completed my first full build on a full susser being a 2012 nukeproof mega and everythings gone to plan apart from the rear mech. ive gone a 1x10 set up and the rear mech just doesnt look right with the way its sits. So my questiong is........at what angle should the rear mech sit at, should it sit tight to the hanger or just sort of find its own way and hang down with the shifter cable in a loop od shud the cable be in a staright line to the rear mech. Any advice will be great or even pics if ya have a mega. The rear mech shifter and crank are shimano zee of which are all brand new not second hand.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    remove the shock and put chain round big and big without the mech.

hold the chain with an old spoke (bent) and work the sus through its travel. chose chain length where the spoke is not pulled out. then add one inch 2( two links).
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • yeh ive done that. but the rear mech as in the way it hangs from the frame itself when you attach ot to the frame and then fasten it with an allen keey is the part im confused about. Sounds silly but it looks so far away from the frame itself ??
  • i replaced it all on my hard tail and its been fine. But i let all the air out of the shock and compressed it and set it all like that or am i being abit too picky with the way it hangs down from the frame itself ??
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Maybe a picture would make more sense.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • i cant seem to get a pic to upload for some reason ??
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    In FAQ's
    faq.php
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools