Ice ice baby Sunday thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,861
edited January 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning throbbers

Outside is still full of snow, which is now probably ice. So family walks rather than cycling time today with a haircut and some study somewhere.

If I get chance I will use the rollers again, but my legs are still sore after yesterday's 31 miles on them - all while the kids kept throwing snowballs at me.

Comments

• bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    morning!

chilled out day, might pop out for some fresh air if the bottom feeder ever gets up, might loaf about and pray for more snow as got to drive to shrewsbury tomorrow then back to wales on tuesday, fancy a relaxed week so come on snow, do your thang!

pip pip!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    Morning Fisters,

Snow is falling nice and steadily down in this corner of Kent, but roads still passable. Not sure what's up today but I'm feeling lazy - mught try to go somewhere and watch one of the footy matches.

In a good mood as I finished off my tax return yesterday and found out that the Inland Revenue owe me a sh!tload of money :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Awake ridiculously early this morning for no apparent reason so just got out of bed and set about making myself a large breakfast again. Still no snow here although the Met Office insists it will snow.

Think I'll spend some time today packing for my hols next Saturday.

Later......
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Snowmaggedon has not arrived for Norfolk, after last weekends blast of snow we've since ended up with nothing but grey cloud and icicles.

Forecasters for the entire weekend have indicated continuous snow, WHERE DA FOOK IS IT THEN EH?

If further snow is not coming, would the snow currently the ground please feck off.
  • S'up homos.

Wanted to go for a ride today, however offspring #2 had other ideas and was up all night doing exorcist style vomiting. Much too tired now to be bothered.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Looks like most of the snow in Notts has disappeared. Luckily most of the roads by my house are covered in sheet ice, thus me waking the girlfriend up at silly o'clock as I stacked it outside our house after riding home from work! Tried to turn into the driveway but the bike was having none of it.

A mere 14 hours at work today for my sins.

Well and truly 'Meh'
  • Afternoon Losers!

Well here in Bury, it's 'snowing'. It may as well be dandruff falling from the sky as it's not doing anything.
    I'm heading off to view a house in Halifax in about an hour, so hopefully it's going to be everything I need, and I'll have my new residence sorted. This one has a garage - 8)

That's about it really, hopefully snow on the Pennines won't cause me trouble.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Afternoon Maggots,

The only place I see ice and snow round here is in the chest freezer.
    It's been a weekend of rain galore, 3 days of it, but we still wear shorts and t-shirts.
    I wanted to head out to ride today but the trails are flooded and I won't risk clocking on mileage on the blacktop or I may just meet the same fate as Burry Stander, the taxis here are a menace
    So it's been a day of laze, other than hauling the trailer to the rubbish dump with about a quarter ton of garden cuttings. Now the car and trailer need a good wash, but that's a job for next weekend..
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Afternoon mongs!

Well today has been acceptable so far, the snow has finally arrived, must be about 10cm in this part of Essex. Muppet over the road discovered why even an X5 needs to have tread on its tyres after he went sliding down the hill and stacking it into a not very happy builders van.

Kids have been out on their sledges and are now watching another Harry Potter film whilst I cook a roast dinner and make syrup sponge and custard for desert. Might finish a bit of the Mk 22 Spitfire that's currently being assembled. No cycling as I'd have to run the gauntlet of the local mongs trying to hit people with balls of ice.

Good thing is that it's doubtful I'll get to work tomorrow!
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?