The Yay! Yay! It's Friday Thread!

Raymondavalon
Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
edited January 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Greetings Maggots,

Ah, the weekend is on the horizon, so it's win
Rain today, at last, what we need to take some heat out of the earth's crust

Yesterday was a day of adventure when I followed my satnav to a petrol station, which just happended to be surrounded by a squatter camp, or "informal settlement"
When I arrived at the "petrol station" the pumps were closed and the place had been converted into a shebeen, or tavern, which was full of intoxicated, unemployed and militant locals.
Being thick skinned, I left the car unlocked, satnav (Galaxy Tablet 10") on the dash and Blackberry phone on the car seat, walked into the tavern and ordered a can of Coke.
What I did like was the tavern's counter was behind 2" of bulletproof glass, priceless.

I got my Cola and retuned to my car without any incident.
Ironically the earworm that instantly popped into my head during this adventure was The Clash's "White man in Hammersmith Palais"

Today I am office bound, so it's a day of keeping myself busy.

Wishing you all a nice snowy day

Comments

• Mehning Losers!

Why did my housemate come home last night at 11pm, and then decide to turn the heating off!? IT'S SNOWING!! Feck's sake :roll: Needless today, I'm absolutely freezing this morning, but they'll wake up in a nice warm house. Idiots.
    I managed to organise a viewing of a property for this Sunday, so that'll be interesting, especially if we get the North Pole moving south over Britain like is predicted. It's in Halifax, well, just outside, so that's a new adventure.

Roll on 4pm!
    Laters.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    after braving the M4, M25 and M11 yesterday evening in the grip of some serious snow flurries (exageration may have been used!) i am home to enjoy a lovely lie in while the poor mrs goes out to earn me some more spends :-)))))

turbo trainer shopping today if i can be a4sed to get out of bed!

enjoy the snow (if you have any!) crudders!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mehning feckers,
    Good nights sleep last night, but still a little tired. Today will mostly about waiting for the snow to start and waiting to send a email copying everyone in saying i'm going home as its snowing. :lol:

Right onwards to bacon and sausage baguette with brown sauce *drools*

Oooh Ooh and maybe a Krispy Kreme later ????

9511_555551951124406_868719291_n.png
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    ^ This :lol:

No snow and remote chance of ever seeing any here. It is cold but that's about it really.

Friday is here and 4 hours left of my 'working' week. A serious amount of CBA has set in.

Tea to pass the time.

Later......
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Snow started well, should have stayed at home but want to prove a point to the little people that a 35 mile commute is possible - so get the feck in. In theory am leaving early, but in reality am stuffed as its snowing worse at home and I drive a BMW :)

After all this work meh its pub time - obviously
  • VWsurfbum
    matthew h wrote:
    but in reality am stuffed as its snowing worse at home and I drive a BMW :)
    i would buy yourself a winch on the way home before you get to any hills!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' pistebashers and groomers,

Not a lot of snow, not a lot of traffic. Blunty, I was expecting carnage and chaos and it's all failed to deliver - may have to cheer myself up with bacons.

The weekend is supposed full of race-car building in an icebox of a garage, but as the key builder has to travel from Brizzle, this is currently in doubt (because if the news is to be beleived, South Glouscestershire is in the grip on an ice age complete with glaciers, risk of polar bear, and hospitals chock full of mammoth-bite victims, all topped off by reports of sabre-tooth squirrels getting a bit 'fighty' over the acorn stock).

Could be a great weekend for bike ride!

Onwards! To coffee! Hot, hot coffee. And bacons.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

winter tyres fitted...........

So I have arranged to borrow a car from work
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Cruddy dreams last night mean I'm feeling a bit sh1te today, but I did just book a trip to Chamonix, and I have a date at lunch so it's not all bad!
    I'm supposed to be driving to that there Londontown tonight, via Bedford to pick up a bike rack, so I'm praying for no snow on the M1 corridor until at least 9pm...

Ah the email server's started working again, better get on with some replying to students that didn't read what I told them.
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • VWsurfbum
    matthew h wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Good plan, My Mid engined roller skate should be "ok" later, had new black rings fitted during the week and its not as if its all uphill on the way home :roll:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Gloucester does have the knuckle dragging, incomprehinsible thick foreheaded men, so I can believe the rest of it.

Morning Scuttlers

It does appear to be snowing, and I bloody hate snow, as its cold, its wet, it makes things an effort, it turns people into pre apocolyptic hoarders despite the fact you are never more than 3 metres from a Tesco express in Britain at any time and because the little chav kids over the road with the selection of fathers think that the current weather gives them the right to vandalise my car by throwing balls of frozen water at it. Because of this and because I'm waiting for my turbo trainer to be delivered, I shall not be venturing far until this evening, when I am supposed to be going to Bristol for my mates leaving for India party, we shall see if that happens.

It does however give me the ideal opportunity to spend a bit more time today in mission control and put the hoover round the house too.

Tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Good Morning Freaks! :D

Today, I am mostly not at work as we have sh1t loads of snow. Well, not really that much yet, I'm waiting for it to really drop later so I can take the Coiler out for a spin (literally).

Washed the car this morning though. Yes, I am insane, but that's not the reason I washed the car... That was for a photo competition.

Bacon and coffee are keeping me sustained until elevenses, when I think I might explore the biscuit/cake tin and see what's available.

Laters...
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

I for one am really really glad it's snowing. I'm supposed to be playing hockey tomorrow but really don't want to. If it snows enough and freezes over it'll be cancelled and I can play bikes instead or something. Anyway, today is meh, CBA with the bike show as I can't afford it, so I've decided to be keen and go do some work in uni. That's how cool I am.

Laters
  • Morning homos.

A highways agency warning said anyone travelling in icy conditions should take a shovel, blankets, sleeping bag, extra clothing, including a scarf, hat, gloves, 24 hour supply of food and drink, de-icer, rock salt, torch, tow rope, petrol can, first aid kit and jump leads. I looked a right tw@t on my bike this morning. :lol:

So this end-of-days blizzard they forcast has actually turned out to be a very light dusting that never really settled anywhere apart from on the mountain. Son, I am dissapoint!
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    mornings dopers!

Plenty of snow this morning, which is fine by me as I'm stuck in home with a mountain of uni work :( Interview yesterday seemed to go ok, thanks to everyone who wished me luck yesterday, seemed to work :) Just have to wait and see what happens now :)

Anyways, I have managed to avoid work so far this morning, I suppose I'd better actually go do some, laters!!
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    Morning all.

Had physio on my neck yesterday so I have the obligatory day-after headache.
    But...the poor excuse for snow is giving me a reason to wear my glittery leopard print wellies yay :)
    One more sleep til Huddersfield again....might get snowed in there.... interesting thought....or I may brave the evils of the train.

Normally I wouldn't mind the train....but it will be a bus seat train *shudder*. Why do those things still exist?
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    yo yo yo

How does a snowman get to work?

by icicle.

Today is going to be monotonous, but easy. Just had a sausage & egg baguette so everything is well so far. Forgot my fags though so lunch is going to be hard meh
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Hola peeps,

Good amount of snow by me, roads are ice slicks and the whole office is working from home so today im browsing the net from home :P
  • tlw1
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Good plan, My Mid engined roller skate should be "ok" later, had new black rings fitted during the week and its not as if its all uphill on the way home :roll:

I had a mid engined skate and it was fantastic fun in the snow :)

Remember a track day at Elvington - covered in snow, chasing one like yours with the current wife moaning she felt sick and wanted to stop AND put the roof on - women :shock:
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Made it to work. People who live five minutes away have not. Also someone else from Cardiff hasn't come in because there is two foot of snow in Cardiff and he can't walk in it. More like two inches but he is male and they aren't known for being particularly good at measuring things.

Middle sibling got an offer for UCL to study medicine yesterday so happy days - no more wars between her and the mother which need to be managed!

Wondering if I will get to Cwmbran this evening...
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    You're only annoyed because you bothered to go.

Not a sausage in Edinburgh unfortunately. #sulk
  • VWsurfbum
    Just been out to buy snow fun stuff for the minitures.
    376510_4640705688118_770382152_n.jpg

I think noodles for lunch?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    Morning.. I've been out playing in the snow
    photo-2-2_zps5eea221b.jpg
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Morning homos.

I looked a right tw@t on my bike this morning.

This is news ? surely it's a given. :lol:

Afternoon All
    Snow in Sheffield but it is the right type. Youngest at home being girly ill. Fixed small glitch on a STRAVA recording.
    Taking eldest climbing later then a film while it snows more.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Thewaylander
    MissCMC wrote:
    Made it to work. People who live five minutes away have not. Also someone else from Cardiff hasn't come in because there is two foot of snow in Cardiff and he can't walk in it. More like two inches but he is male and they aren't known for being particularly good at measuring things.

nah if it was only 2" he would have said a foot. its always multiples of 6.

Stalk stalk
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    At least you are willing to admit you can't measure!

Scary scary...
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Thewaylander
    Damn straight i can't but i do know at least bike has 6" lol

Sorry couldn't help that one
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Evening mongs!

No snow here which is ace as I went out and purchased a sledge for child one and two :(

That said, I managed to visit all my sites this morning and get back in time for a jaunt on the 456. Making a bike deliberately heavy for winter training makes every ride count. Grip free OEM 1kg tyres help the most.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?