Thuck Me It'th Thursday Thread

Raymondavalon
Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
edited January 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Maggots,

Well, the week drags on, it's as hot as hell here and it's just gone 8AM, so another day of sweltering heat
Today is a busy day for me, so no complaints, let's hope it passes by quickly

Wishing you all a sun soaked day.. oops, I forgot the island is snowbound this time of year...

Comments

• Morning Losers!

I wouldn't call it snowbound Raymond, more like idiotbound.

Nothing happening today really. I've found a house I like the look of, so going to organise a viewing today. That's about it. Work is going ok, boring but ok.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    Cambridge to Birmingham - by train. A microscopically small amount of work and then huge amounts of beer - hotel and back tomorrow pm!
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Another freezing morning but no de-icing required. This means I was in work early too so I will finish early and get myself off to the Post Office to pick up my shiny bits.

Booked myself a weeks skiing in Borovets beginning on the 26th so I'm on the count down for that. Bargain price too.

Nothing much else happening so tea will pass the time.

Later......
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    it's just gone 8AM, so another day of sweltering heat

Screw you. And the horse you rode in on.

Mornin, icepops.

Another chilly one out on the roads, but oddly traffic free.

Yesterdays work plan went totally out of the window as the bosses dropped soemthing on me at about 7.30 that just consumed my day. It's consuming it now, too. Still, as our sun-scorched colleague implies, at least it makes the time go by.

Bacons. The day needs bacons. And sausages - I don't even care about horse content, it's all fried meat at the end of the day.

Onwards! To coffee! And bacons*!

*With possible horse content, other meat-providing animals are available. Always the label. ......although this won't help as we won't tell you about the horse, donkey, alpaca or wombat meat included. Whadda you care? It's all just lips and arrisholes to you, anyway. Seriously, you people can't tell me you can taste the difference between a cow's ringpiece and badger's starfish? No. You'll just smother it in brown sauce anyway. Bloody working-class heathens - you make me sick.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Morning bumders!

Big day today, my first proper job interview and boy am I bricking it!!! The fact it's for a large bike-related firm is no doubt making me more nervous! :lol: here's hoping all goes well, and when I'm all done I can look forward to the rest of the day away from uni work before I have to get cracking on it, although a busy weekend of London bike show and the possibility of driving out to my most local gnarly trails on Sunday is giving me hope that it'll be a bloody weekend! :D

Laters tards!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Morning throbbers

Good luck lawman

After last nights boring football at Man Utd (but great hospitality... :) ) and normal traffics jams as I live south of there - left me with 5 hrs in bed and obviously with that knowledge it played on my mind and kept me awake.

All this leaves me in Birmingham this morning knackered and not ready for the amount of meeting rubbish coming my way - bright side, urm, well, can't think of one.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    cicatriz wrote:
    Booked myself a weeks skiing in Borovets beginning on the 26th so I'm on the count down for that. Bargain price too.

I arrive the day you leave so leave the room tidy :lol:

Happy Day today as while out on a fantastic ride in the Peaks last night with Proutster I received a phone call saying I'd got a new Job - move on up that Ladder

So New job present to me is in order :lol::lol:
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning reprobates,
    Tired tired tired.
    Good ride last night, the ground was summer like! but the air was hurting on the lungs.

Today will be brought to you by the letters C.O.F.F.E.E and supported by B.A.C.O.N

Right onwards to dodging
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Good luck Tom! Remember, get us some goodies if you get it ;)

Congrats Ritchie! I bet that made the ride even better! Does this mean you're on shore more often?
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Good luck Lawman.

'ning
    Last nights date went well, although we should probably find something else to talk about other than bikes, and the 3 pints of cider mean I didn't get very good sleep, being awake at 3am with calf cramp is rubbish.
    Today is more workstuffs, very boring, but the end is in sight. Later I will be going to the gym, then eating a big bowl of chilli.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Why bike stuff is awesome conversation!

Ps today i am tired
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Good luck lawman. Remember to keep calm and DON'T imagine your interviewer naked. It's usually a fat bloke so you'd laugh or a fit bird from HR so you'd sit there with a stiffy.

Morning Mongs!

Today is effectively my Friday as tomorrow I've got site visits all day which means loads of tea, talking about bikes with the Officers and generally trying to go round 11 sites, drive 350 miles as fast as possible in order to get home early.

Might get out on a bike later if it's still dry as most of the ice seems to have gone. If not a couple of hours on the rollers.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    Good luck with the interview Lawman :)

I am tired, just got back from Huddersfield. Physio and body pump later, then I get to crawl into bed Zzzzzzzzz
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

i've cemented myself as an awesome god with my boss after fixing a VC system for a VIP call later 8)

i'm rewarding myself with a pack of salt and vinegar squares and a diet coke...yeah that's how i roll :lol:

do i go for a ride later or go and watch the rugby? hmm, decisions.

later bumders and bumettes
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning Dopers...

Good luck Lawman & well done Ritchie on your promotion...

Last night did my threshold test on the turbo, finished it and nearly threw up... but i've made a reasonable gain, so I guess the training is working, rode to work today and i'm busted.

Had a few problems in the 'saddle area' of late, so i'm booked in for a bike fit tomorrow, which makes today my friday!
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    morning all

-7 with no gloves does not make fun cycling. Nothing much on today at work. Meh. Need to look at some holidays.

peace
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Bored bored bored. Same nonsense different day. And tired. Gym three nights running is maybe not the best idea I ever had.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    On the road this evening from Sth wales to cambridge to hopefully beat the weather that is due tomorrow! ( just a lame excuse for blagging friday off really!) What could go wrong?

An afternoon of taking the p1ss looms and maybe some work!

Well done and good luck to Ritchie and Lawman!

Might buy a turbo trainer this weekend! Not a ghey one either!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Thewaylander
    peace

MTFU peace... grhhh we should lynch him for saying that in the CC.

Also Hey Miss CMC 8)
  • pesky_jones
    peace

we should lynch him for saying that in the CC.

god damn hippie
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    MissCMC wrote:
    Bored bored bored. Same nonsense different day. And tired. Gym three nights running is maybe not the best idea I ever had.

Gym one day running isn't a good idea how I'm feeling right now. You're not a Pure Gymmer are you?

Afternoon scuttlers

Just on the bus to pick the car up from having new brakes. I ache after yesterday's rock climb and today's gym sesh. Now home to see if anyone has bothered answering the door for my turbo trainer delivery.

Coffee, bacons and porridge consumed and might just go to Viva again tonight..... or maybe lilo.

Tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Thewaylander
    No VWbumboy is the hippy.. :P

I'm a stalker in training tsk this guy can't his facts right :P
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Good luck/hope it went well Lawman and congrats Richie

Afternoon bumders

This morning was spent squeezing ram balls and looking at their knobs to put it bluntly. Now I smell very bad and it won't wash away. This afternoon is uni meh work stuff, followed by going out into London for a meal for someones birthday who I don't particularly like but it should be a laugh anyway.

Tomorrow I'm considering skipping off uni as there's fuck all going on really and heading in to go to the bike show, depends how lazy I'm feeling in the morning and if I can be arsed with actually walking to the tube/station or if I stay in bed.

Laters
  • pesky_jones

:?
  • Thewaylander

:?

Yarp and i can't type for....
  • MissCMC
    Gazlar - yes I am! Jeez you are good at stalking!

Waylander - too obvious. You need stealth lessons from Gazlar.
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    MissCMC wrote:

He is quite rapey at least.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Angry Bird wrote:
    This morning was spent squeezing ram balls and looking at their knobs to put it bluntly. Now I smell very bad and it won't wash away.
    and I thought I had it bad LOL

Coffee is wearing off now, and my eyes are shutting, dont think my body will take anymore?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    MissCMC wrote:
    Gazlar - yes I am! Jeez you are good at stalking!

You will have to come and say hi if you see me, I'm the one that looks like me
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissCMC
    Alternatively as a test of your stalking skills work out who I am and say hello to me