The Wacky Wednesday Thread

Raymondavalon
Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
edited January 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Greetings Maggots,

A strange start to the day when one of my work colleagues walks in sporting a skinhead haircut and 7 staples in his head. He had an accident yesterday and even though he was wearing a seatbelt, he banged his cranium on the sun visor hinge, resulting in some involuntary blood donation.

Today's a little cooler at forecast temps of a paltry 27ºC, but I know it'll be hotter.
I have one appointment at 10h00 then I'll be in the airconditionel PortaCabin for the rest of the day watching the clock crawl its way to 17h00

Wishing you all a(n) (un)productive day...

Comments

• Morning Losers!

More house searching, video editing, audio editing and website building today. Also work. Meh.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Uni meh is too meh to go in for today so this morning will involve doing some work at home and taking the bike out as it's unlikely I'll be playing hockey with all the snow an ice still down on the ground.

Laters
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' jesters and ball jugglers

Well, that was an interesting ride in this morning. Holy Cow, was it. Minus 7 and freezing fog, over places where the snow hasn't gone since Monday. It was a 30 minute rollercoaster of 'tread lightly' and near-death-experience.

Still, in work now, first coffee down and I'm contemplating the day ahead. It will involve welding a particular thing that has apperently caught the attention of a Moto GP team. There's a couple of issues -1) the bratty little b*****d really doesn't like to be welded and 2) we still haven't proved the thing actually works! No pressure then!

On the positive side - at least someones been noticing some of the funkier s**t we've been doing!

Onwards! To further caffeine! And molten-metal mayhem!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    A strange feeling of déjà vu today as it is a hearty bowl of porridge and a car to de-ice once again.

Some shiny bits arrived yesterday but I was not home to receive them so I’ll have to go to the depot to pick them up tonight. One courier did leave a package albeit in my compost bin. :roll: That was fun fishing that one out.

Finishing off the last of my homemade loaf so its warm toast and tea for now.

Later……
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Porridge and de-icing for me too this morning

Today is meetings and cash flow followed corporate special at man utd
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Today is going to be crap. People on holiday and off sick, most likely freezing outside.

But on the plus side, someone's bringing in a severed head prop for me today. I intend to scare the crap out of people with it
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    Morning.
    Work meh and searching through the vast quantity of overpriced crap hell pits that are cardiff flats. Do I want to live in a flat that looks like someones been murdered in it and pay £600 for the privilage? No no i don't I either find nice cheap ones that have been taken or expensive hell holes stuck in the 70's.

Ah well onwards to coffee
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Frustration was the name of last nights fettling.
    Put new brake on, simples, attach new "thinner" hose for internal hose routing, simples. Bleed brake, WHAT, You $$$*^$*$*&^()_*&%$$ piece of cheap _(&)(_(^*(%(*%*%(*%( just bleed will you! 2hrs of faff, then managed to get it sorted by doing it backwards, then wheeled the bike outside to test it and noticed it had a plastic block behind the lever holding the piston in!!!!! Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! took it out, worked fine, Rode bike up road, first try of brake, it blew the hose off the new connector at the caliper end!
    at 22:30 i called it a day.

Anyway onwards to caffine and hiding from work.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    A lot of work to do today as I seem to have procrastinated far too much so far this week.
    (not quite a) date tonight, burger at Annie's Burger Shack followed by a film where we'll squabble over the Minstrels.
    I am wearing a skirt.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • VWsurfbum
    foxc_uk wrote:
    '
    I am wearing a skirt.
    You floozie! make sure its ankle length!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:
    '
    I am wearing a skirt.
    It is what would be considered an above the knee skirt on a normal height person. As I am somewhat taller than the normal, it is now a short skirt.
  • VWsurfbum
    foxc_uk wrote:
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:
    '
    I am wearing a skirt.
    It is what would be considered an above the knee skirt on a normal height person. As I am somewhat taller than the normal, it is now a short skirt.
    :shock: well make sure you put your thermal Bridget Jones's on then! :wink:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • ol\'gregg wrote:
    Morning.
    Work meh and searching through the vast quantity of overpriced crap hell pits that are cardiff flats. Do I want to live in a flat that looks like someones been murdered in it and pay £600 for the privilage? No no i don't I either find nice cheap ones that have been taken or expensive hell holes stuck in the 70's.
    I'm feeling your pain! I've been looking further and further out of Leeds, because the rents go down slightly, however commuting costs mean I'm not saving any money at all!

Rent prices have gone through the roof, yet standards don't seem to have changed in the last 30 years!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    ol\'gregg wrote:
    Morning.
    I'm feeling your pain! I've been looking further and further out of Leeds, because the rents go down slightly, however commuting costs mean I'm not saving any money at all!

Rent prices have gone through the roof, yet standards don't seem to have changed in the last 30 years!

Go live in Armley
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    URGH

Meeting in Denmark yesteday got back to my place last night at 11.45 and back in work normal time this morning. i am now a bit worn :(

that is all

FOXC unless there is a picture you are not wearing a skirt its just not true.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

is it legal to kill people yet?
  • ol\'gregg wrote:
    Morning.

Go live in Armley
    You live in Armley.
    I've commited no crime.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Thewaylander
    welshkev wrote:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

yes.
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Walking to work was slidey fun this morning. Officially Converse are not good for keeping you upright on ice. They are good for sliding though. Meant to be off to Cwmbran this weekend to visit a friend (must have been bad in a former life) but the forecast currently says heavy snow which means either they will be coming to get me or I wont be going. Currently being snowed in is looking tempting as I don't want to be in work.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    welshkev wrote:

yes.

Not here it isn't otherwise I'd be surrounded by bodies.

Meh!
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    MissCMC wrote:
    . Meant to be off to Cwmbran this weekend to visit a friend (must have been bad .

OI!! i'm from cwmbran :lol:
  • Thewaylander
    Reason enough for saying the above LOL
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    welshkev wrote:
    MissCMC wrote:
    . Meant to be off to Cwmbran this weekend to visit a friend (must have been bad .

Nobody has friends in Cwmbran, its full of welsh people called Kevin.

Afternoon Scuttlers

Off rock climbing in a while after spending 2 hours tearing my hair out at the cc2cc route as I realised that theres 3 days that we end up with, well nowhere to stay in nowhere towns where the origina route planners accounted for grous of 2 or 3. This is leaving the choice of either diverting and putting some road sections in, camping which means more time, effort and equipment or getting really creative and finding someone to pick us up and drop us off ath the nearest hotel/hostel/pub

itll be sorted though
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    ol\'gregg wrote:
    Morning.

Go live in Armley
    You live in Armley.
    I've commited no crime.

You wanted cheap?
  • welshkev wrote:
    MissCMC wrote:

Kev?
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    It's just a town of roundabouts!!! Benefit I suppose is its just over the mountain to Cwmcarn. But snow will put paid to bike fun this weekend.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    MissCMC wrote:
    . But snow will put paid to bike fun this weekend.

You mad woman!! Snow = fun
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Work blah, weather blah, all generally blah!

Doing a photography course on saturday which is pleasing!

Night night!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    bg13 wrote:

Night night!

let us know how it develops
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Richie63 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:

Night night!

let us know how it develops

:roll:
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er