The Today's Tuesday Thread

Raymondavalon
Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
edited January 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Aye up Maggots,

Another day of sweltering 30º+ temps here today
I have a ssomewhat busy day today and will be visitng an office block I almost used to live in when I looked after a DG Mainframe computer based there many, many years ago. Memories!
Other than that, just a day of surviving this insane heat in a car with no aircon, but at least I am situated in one of the few offices with aircon

Wishng you all lots of snow in Blighty

Comments

• Morning Losers!

Once again, my housemate turned off the heating last night to stop it firing up every 10 minutes (it wakes him up apparently). The result of this is that I've woken up to an ice cave. I've turned the heating on, but it's the housemates that will benefit from this. Roll on the next 2 months when I can move out!

Judo was good last night, lots of new throws and techniques learnt (well, 2). Not aching yet, but give it time.

Today, more mundane things, mixed in with thing for other people (ie nothing to do with work) that make me look busy. Editing audio, video and a website!

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mehning Feckwitts,
    In early, Nothing really doing, but it is payday and i have to buy some black rings for the car :(

Slipped yesterday a bit on the diet front. Bacon roll for brekki and a full on meal from Marks's in the evening, was lovely but a bit OTT.

Onwards to a decent coffee and porridge.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • D4RK1
    D4RK1 Posts: 49
    Moaning all, well I'm soon to be in agony once my arms and legs realise what happened last night at boot camp. Being the only lad there last night with a load of women may not sound bad. Being the instructors buddy for the night was though. Today at ill be mostly first fixing and refusing to use any tool that are heavier than my cutters.

Mark
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Morning cruddites.

Black ice everywhere, it froze, rained, then froze again and we live too far out for the gritters to visit, so the drive to civilisation should be sphinctastic. Many espressos required as fortification.

laters, if I live.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Cold here this morning so a hearty bowl of thick porridge was had before de-icing the car. It was -3°on the drive in this morning but the office is quite warm now.

A few new shiny accessories ordered for the new bike last night so, hopefully, they should all be here by the weekend. No snow so I should be able to get out for a ride.

Now for some tea and browsing for a skiing holiday.

Later......
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Another porridge and de-icing morning here, along with a dose of sideways as the torque on the BMW beat the new winter tyres - fun times..............

Now for work fun
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    D4RK1 wrote:
    Moaning all, well I'm in agony Being the instructors buddy for the night.Refusing to use any tool.Mark

Can't match that I'm afraid.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' ear-touchers

I've got a day off, so I'm going to Cannock for a ride. Cold, snowy Cannock. Breakfast was meagre - must do some shopping on the way back!

Onwards! To trails! And bicycle-based asshatery!

......I'm gonna die! :lol:
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning Scuttlers

My car is off for its annual MOTting which is probably going to mean throwing some cash at it later. Enjoyed yoga last night so might well go again, certainly will help loosen me up a bit.

I then got home and watched Big Brother, but only because it was on and it had Claire from steps in to placate my viewing eye.

Anyway........to the Brapmobile
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning window lickers

The usual uni meh today, only in 12-8 today though which is nice, gives me time to cook sausage and bacon for breakfast. This evening will hopefully be heli-taping a couple of spots on El Guapo and not much else, maybe watching some trash TV with the housemates.

Apparently superbitch is coming round later which is rather going to ruin my day slightly but I'll try to make to most of a bad situation.

Laters
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Not much to report from Hood town today, it's cold, pavements are icey etc etc
    I have a Very Important Meeting to discuss a student that has failed an assessment 5 times, and I've been asked to go out for some cake with the guy I'm not dating.
    That about covers it, will probably do a sesh at the gym later to make the cake guilt free.
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Morning All

Moving stuff around on computers today as got a new one yesterday with windows 8 on board. As I'm not great on them this may prove trickier than I expect, for instance can't seem to be able to access some emails as It's not letting me asign one of the email addresses to gmail. There will be something I'll have missed but it all takes time.

otherwise might go out tonight biking
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning mongs!

Today sucks big donkey balls.

Meh.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Another day of sweltering 30º+ temps here today

you-my-friend-can-suck-a-dick_zpsef853657.jpg
  • castlelad
    castlelad Posts: 414
    well after another crappy stuck in traffic for 40 mins school run, "dave" is taking me for a chinky buffet thing for dinner :shock:
    then im taking the mongoose out of the shed and treating her to some tlc as i fully intend to abuse her this year, cannock will be visited asap,

NO bacons AGAIN ! :evil: dave/ditch/head backwards is ever closing in me thinks.........

anyhoo onwards to soapy suds and lube !!
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    Afternoon everyone!

Been beasting myself at the gym all morning, pilates then body pump, I WILL get my 6 pack back!
    Now sadly time to crack on with some work (cue procrastination), then a visit to the 'rents tonight but at least I get fed, fingers crossed for a mahooooosive juicy steak mmm.

One more sleep til I get to see the boy again.....argh I hate dating, look what it does to me! :?
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Bored. Don't want to be in work. Sister's wedding guest list is epic. Parentals are adding to the names. Just bought a bag of sweets to brighten up the afternoon with some E numbers in a room full of dieters who all get salad anger at around 3pm.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Good day team,

My xmas holiday is over, i am back in south wales and about to venture into work! This displeases me and i shall be a grumpy twunt for the next month or two which will also be a time of detoxing, dieting and fitness, which like sheeps mum is also gonna blow a large un!

Tarrar!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Gazlar
    Well today has been a groupon sesh, gar passed its mot on its £10 quid groupon voucher, athough I have booked it in for much needed brake pads as unlike the bike, I cant really change these in the kitchen.

Then I booked my other groupon to get back into my rock climbing tommorrow, just need to book my tour of the penderyn distillery to complete the hat-trick.

Back home now to bath Amy and bleed her pipes

Tarrah
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissBint37
    Gazlar wrote:
    Then I booked my other groupon to get back into my rock climbing tommorrow

Enjoy! I love climbing but prepare to ache if you have never done it before. It gives you amazing toned shoulders though! I would recommend buying some climbing tape for your hands and some decent balm/hand lotion for after (climb-on is good and smells amazing).
  • Gazlar
    MissBint37 wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    Then I booked my other groupon to get back into my rock climbing tommorrow

Enjoy! I love climbing but prepare to ache if you have never done it before. It gives you amazing toned shoulders though! I would recommend buying some climbing tape for your hands and some decent balm/hand lotion for after (climb-on is good and smells amazing).

I love climbing, did it for a couple of years back in Wolves and it really does tone you, especially my core I found. Just not climbed this last year since moving down to Cardiff as I was buddyless, but bit the bullet, went in and signed up for climbing club and got some numbers for other billy no mates climbers and am itching to get back on it
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissBint37
    I go about 3 times a week but tend to prefer bouldering over routes these days, that is what made me get a buff back/arms. I was pretty skinny when I just did routes. Tried bouldering on Sunday after an excessive amount of rum Saturday evening. Needless to say, it wasn't good!
  • Gazlar
    I find i'm not particularly supple so manouvering is my big problem, hence why I'm trying yoga, plus my poor arthritic wrists sometimes give me jip, so I prefer rope climbing as I can use the rope to help me and really use my legs. plus when I went at wolvo the bouldering course was always full of kids
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Gazlar wrote:
    , so I prefer rope climbing as I can use the rope to help me and really use my legs. plus when I went at wolvo the bouldering course was always full of kids

When next you're up Mercia way, have a think about the Bear Rock at Warwick Uni - it's a very good wall. My shoulder stops me climbing, but I've no issue with belaying for a few hours. A few years back they built a new bouldering facility in one of the old squash courts, too - it was mental!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Gazlar
    Clank wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    , so I prefer rope climbing as I can use the rope to help me and really use my legs. plus when I went at wolvo the bouldering course was always full of kids

When next you're up Mercia way, have a think about the Bear Rock at Warwick Uni - it's a very good wall. My shoulder stops me climbing, but I've no issue with belaying for a few hours. A few years back they built a new bouldering facility in one of the old squash courts, too - it was mental!

Yeah I will do, the one in Wolvo was built in an old swimming pool which was fun too
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissBint37
    Yer, I have to rely on technique too being a weedy girl and all haha. I do yoga and pilates to keep flexible and keep my core muscles balanced because certain ones get over worked with climbing and the others can't keep up. It all really helps.

Bouldering is ace, really good for strength I love it, plus you can just go and get on with it no need to wait about like in rope climbing. I am better at that these days.

I had a nasty fall at Leeds wall a few years back leading and severed the lateral ligament in my left foot. I have been a bit weird about it since had a few panic attacks trying and I regressed massively with rope climbing after that.

Chuffed with myself on Friday though, I took my first lead fall in ages and didn't panic on the biggest overhang they have at the Foundry in Sheff (ok it was only a 6b but this is massive progress for me as a lead, I climb sport 6c-7a ish top rope/second). Going to have that route next time. I am on a mission to be back leading 7a this year :)
  • Gazlar
    MissBint37 wrote:
    Yer, I have to rely on technique too being a weedy girl and all haha. I do yoga and pilates to keep flexible and keep my core muscles balanced because certain ones get over worked with climbing and the others can't keep up. It all really helps.

Bouldering is ace, really good for strength I love it, plus you can just go and get on with it no need to wait about like in rope climbing. I am better at that these days.

I had a nasty fall at Leeds wall a few years back leading and severed the lateral ligament in my left foot. I have been a bit weird about it since had a few panic attacks trying and I regressed massively with rope climbing after that.

Chuffed with myself on Friday though, I took my first lead fall in ages and didn't panic on the biggest overhang they have at the Foundry in Sheff (ok it was only a 6b but this is massive progress for me as a lead, I climb sport 6c-7a ish top rope/second). Going to have that route next time. I am on a mission to be back leading 7a this year :)

I've not gone so far as lead roping, mainly as my mate I went with It was as much as I could trust him with belaying me. Its odd really, i'm petrified of heights but am absolutely fine when I'm trussed up in a harness, think its more my balance I don't trust. I think it'll be perfect training for the coast 2 coast ride though, especially if we lose anyone over a cliff ;)
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissBint37
    Always a useful skill to have.....

I got locked in the bathroom at my parents on Christmas day! 3 floors up, so they did not have a long enough ladder to rescue me when the lock broke.

I almost had to abseil down with my climbing gear (luckily I keep my harness and rope etc in the car) but they have a stupid built in toilet thing so there was nowhere to anchor. I was passed a hacksaw blade under the door, spent an hour sawing through the lock and got about 1/3 the way through) but luckily the neighbour came round with better tools to rescue me.