The Mehday Monday the 14th Thread

Raymondavalon
Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
edited January 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Greetings Maggots,

Ops, I know it's the 14th! Typo de luxe

Another bright sunny day here in this part of the planet
I foresee another day of aircon and sunglasses unlike you poor islanders freezing your buns off..
Other than that, just a day of busyness...

May your Monday pass by like a commuter on a 29'er with slicks...

Comments

• Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    Happy Monday 13th then....
  • Mehning Losers!
    Well, the snow never really came (which I suspected). The woman that deals with the post is going to keep quiet today I'm sure.
    My housemate tried dropping a clanger with me last night, telling me that he's moving out at the end of the tenancy as he's bought a house. It didn't phase me at all as I already planned on moving out :lol: Don't know how he's managed to save up the money for a deposit though. I think me having a car is becoming a bit of a burden...

Anywho's, work (meh), consisting of editing sound and video for something that isn't to do with work, and also looking for places to live; followed by Judo (woo).

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' powder hounds and slush puppies,

Well, the ride in this mornin' was 'sketchy' to 'marginal', with brief moments of 'whahey' and 'woahyaf**ka'. Certainly glad I keep the knobblies on the crosser. Bluntly, it was hilarious. Yes, for those that don't have windows, or are currently dead for tax purposes, it's been snowing.

I booked tomorrow off to have a day at Cannock (because I'm worth it) - this may transpire to be a really bad decision! I would say 'what's the worse that could happen?', but having been involved with the Race2Recovery lads, my measure of 'worse' is somewhat skewed!

Anyhoo, oday will consist of workshop time - burning s**t and blowing stuff up, and folding bits of metal in ways it really never meant to be folded. Coffee will certainly feature, as will bacons - I missed out over the weekend so I fully intend on making up for it today.

Onwards! To caffiene! And fried piggymeats!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Spent the weekend in The Lakes doing bike related things. Also comsumed a lot of bacons (and eggs and sausages).

Looks like another slow day ahead and the IT at work is playing up so it may be even slower with limited browsing ability. I might have to actually do some work.

Tea and cake whislt I decide my course of action.

Later......
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning

Uni meh today. Massive dose of CBA. It's cold outside too which isn't helping. On the bright side the first lecture looks like a doss although the rest of the day is all fun and games learning about cancer :roll:

Laters
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning mongs!

Still no snow here. I expect it will start at about 4.30 just in time to cause chaos on the drive home.

Not much happening today, just the usual meetings, boredon and wondering why the hell half the people here have been given a job.

Taking the bike out again later as I'm now under 14st and want to get down to 13st and lose the belly I seem to have cultivated recently. Day 14 of the dryathlon and I think yesterday was the hardest so far, I would really have enjoyed a nice beer by the fire with the smell of beef roasting floating in from the kitchen.

Woo!
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    First day back off holly bobs and we seem to have bought the snow back with us, what a to do! Hoping the weather is too bad to drive to Sth Wales tomorrow, i'm thinking it will be!

Onwards to a day of pointing at laundry (so mrs 13 knows what needs washing) buying food stuffs and loafing!

Enjoy the rat race and massive traffic jams butt munchers. X
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    bg13 wrote:
    First day back off holly bobs and we seem to have bought the snow back with us

I wish I could have bought the 35 deg weather back from my holiday...

Back at work, post holiday blues... meh
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • castlelad
    castlelad Posts: 414
    good moaning fudgepackers,

school run duty for the girl, as dave cant drive for 6 weeks, app driving just after a c-section is a no no ! :roll: (we had another girl btw..).

glad its my 4 off cus its snowing like a good un here, which has scuppered my plans for the day really....so plan b is couch potato and nothingness till the school run @ 3......
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    Morning all...just back from spinning, was 'interesting' getting my car back up my road. I deliberately drove it all the way up and down the other side of the hill (parked pointing down the street of course) so there is more chance of getting snowed in later and not having to do a 90 mile round trip to work later this afternoon.... :twisted: As I look out of my window and the flakes get bigger, my hope grows!

Today will be filled with a smidgin of design work for a website, then deciding whether to go to other work or not....
    I need a dull day after an epic weekend of climbing, biking, partying and bouldering with the new man (feeling a bit worse for wear).

No bacons in the fridge, but I do have tomato soup and fresh baked bread so all is not lost!

Monday love peoples, onward to the rest of the week!
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • MissBint37
    castlelad wrote:
    school run duty for the girl, as dave cant drive for 6 weeks, app driving just after a c-section is a no no ! :roll: (we had another girl btw..).

Congratulations....and all that jazz :)
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    castlelad wrote:
    we had another girl btw..
    Congrats!

'Ning
    Legs are a little bit tired after doing the same loop as last week in Peaks. Quite nice doing it week on week as you start to be able to pick lines etc.
    Clank wrote:
    'sketchy' to 'marginal', with brief moments of 'whahey' and 'woahyaf**ka'.
    This also described my walk down the road to the bus stop (car frozen shut and didn't have time to faff)
    Currently watching the snow dumping down outside, wondering if I'm going to end up walking home tonight..

15 work days to go, I've lost 4lbs, I appear to have a crush on someone who is available, for a change, and there will be cake when I get home (steady on boys). Not bad for a monday.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • Well, a lesser-spotted minion is trying to pull the "The snow's really bad where I am" routine with me, so he's been issued a strike against his name. He's not happy about this, and now appears to be trying to get in to work.

Seriously, rather than trying to drive in, walk to the main road and catch the bus. It's not rocket science!
    Ferkin youngsters. They've no idea what a days work is! (and this is a casual working 4 hours, so he's just being lazy)
    [/rant]
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning scuttlers

Now snow here but I have a rattly chest, still I'm off all week.

Today I shall be tidying and doing a spot more plotting as well as some scanning later. Foxc, I've told you I'm not available and none of my murder skills will make me available ;)

Later on I shall be going to my first ever Yoga session in an attempt to improve my flexibility ( I cant be doing with having ribs removed)

Castlelad, many congratulations

and on that bombshell
    Goodbye
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Hola ladies and ladiez

today i'm in work int he mornign then off TO denmark for a meeting this afo. Flying from Heathrow so not looking forward to driving down which is no fun at all :( but i will be back late tuesday and in work Wednesday no rest for the wicked :(
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mehning feckrs,
    Been in the office since sillyO'Clock, Have got much done but now sort of hit a lull.
    Not a bad weekend but i did lose my temper which was well overdue with MrsVW, all is ok now but i could of gone on a shooting spree if i was on the wrong continent.
    Off to the Solicitors in a bit which is always fun :roll: If the snow starts to come down properly, it could be double fun in the porka?

Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • MissBint37
    Well, a lesser-spotted minion is trying to pull the "The snow's really bad where I am" routine with me, so he's been issued a strike against his name. He's not happy about this, and now appears to be trying to get in to work.

Seriously, rather than trying to drive in, walk to the main road and catch the bus. It's not rocket science!
    Ferkin youngsters. They've no idea what a days work is! (and this is a casual working 4 hours, so he's just being lazy)
    [/rant]

I am partially guilty of this today however.....
    If I worked in Sheff I would have tried to get in, but I can't risk being stuck 45 miles from home and having nowhere to stay. The last train back is also before my lesson finishes so I could be royally fecked.
  • MissBint37 wrote:
    Well, a lesser-spotted minion is trying to pull the "The snow's really bad where I am" routine with me, so he's been issued a strike against his name. He's not happy about this, and now appears to be trying to get in to work.

[/rant]

I am partially guilty of this today however.....
    If I worked in Sheff I would have tried to get in, but I can't risk being stuck 45 miles from home and having nowhere to stay. The last train back is also before my lesson finishes so I could be royally fecked.
    My minion only had to drive 7 miles though. He came in eventually, and said "Once i hit the main road, it was alright". This means he didn't even try walking to the bus stop! He just gave up! I told him that in future, he should check the buses and trains, because if they're still running, he doesn't really have an excuse.

45 miles is an exception though imo.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Good Evening Freaks!

No snow, just lots of cold, wet windy weather. that said, the commute was quite enjoyable. Stuffing my face with slow cooked chicken as I type.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Full after a day of meh

Well done castlelad
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    matthew h wrote:
    Full after a day of meh

Well done castlelad
    +1 Congrats to that man

Another day of madness in the office to be met when I got home by a miserable nagbag who seems to think I work for the fun of it :roll: I need a ferkin beer!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]