Has it snowed Sunday thread

foxc_uk
foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
edited January 2013 in The Crudcatcher
I can't tell coz its pitch black outside
'Ning
Off to the Peaks today with a couple of guys who're much fitter than me.
Later I will be most likely eating and lying in a heap of knackeredness.

Kisses
FoxC

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Morning

Managed to survive yesterday with man flu and trying to get through today - with bugger all care and attention from the current wife, yet when she went through child birth, I paid her some attention

Not sure what today holds in the fun stakes, but there is some study and work to fit in somewhere
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    it IS snowing in morzine but my bags are packed and am awaiting my lift to the airport!!!

not in work till tuesday, hoping the gods of snow cut wales off from the rest of the country so i can extend my holiday!

toodle pip!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • -1 in Cardiff this morning. No snow though yet!

Off for a lap, l8rs!
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Looks like a tiny dusting of snow here, although through my half asleep eyes it could just be frost!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Schmako wrote:
    Looks like a tiny dusting of snow here, although through my half asleep eyes it could just be frost!

or left over blow from last nights 'blow & hookers' fun?
  • good morning all

ive had snow here in mansfield,nottinghamshire

only problem is i carnt go out for a ride as im still waiting for my tyre to arrive from crain reaction cycles, its now been 1 week and im board a hell.
  • Morning homos.

No snow outside my house this morning, but less than 2miles away, it looks like this..... http://cf.gov.im/webcams/bungalow-(snaefell)/

(for those checking after it's all melted, there is a dusting of snow up the mountain)

Heading out for a ride anyway. Going to try and stay fairly low down today where it's less likely to be icy. Got a cheeky little 50miler planned with one of my roady mates. I'm building up to doing a full lap of the Island in the next few weeks, that should be about 80miles. Then after that I want to go for my first century before doing a charity event some time in May which involves 3 laps of the TT course (about 115miles). Lap record holder for that one is actually Chris Boardman, who set the record waaaaaaaaay back in 1993!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Trying to get some uni work done today, well this morning at least. This afternoon is hopefully making costume for tour. For now superbitch is being a pain, as usual and complaining about me working at my own table and listening to music. I'm ignoring her.

Want to ride the bike at some point but pulled my groin yesterday in hockey and it's fucking agony so probably won't be.

Laters
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    How is it still morning?

Work til 5 then off to the gym for the 3rd time this week. Thats 3 more times than I went the last 7 years. A 5k run, 2k row, then as far as I can cycle in an hour (32.2k best so far.) Trying to smash myself to pieces is more enjoyable than I imagined. Knees are a bit sore though.

Laterz
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    I was gonna go hallfords but got as far as the local shop and bacons. I'm sure I won't get a puncture anytime soon*
    *You need to actually ride the bike to get one of those!
    Gonna give the bike a clean at some point today, surprisingly the chain is still lubed and the bike hasn't seized up.

It's pretty warm so little chance of snow
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Greetings Maggots,

A hot one here today, I towed the trailer (full of garden cuttings) to the rubbish tip (they don't have "recycling centres" here) and it was 21ºC when I left at 13h00, on my return trip at 14h00 it was 26.5ºC and now it's in the 30's
    The pool at home is showing a temp of 31ºC, so I will just have to fall into it sometime this afternoon

Other than that, a nice lazy day spent Facetiming my lady in Strasbourg, France where I will be returning to in a few months once summer starts.
    This means I will have had 3 summers in a row :¬) Result!

Right, off for a swim...
  • Afternoon Losers!

Been a long day so far, including meetings to do with a recording I've done and teh editing I'm doing, then moving on to a website, and how the current one is rubbish and being maintained by old people, so I'm going to build another one then show them how it can be done so much better (then use mine).

All fun fun fun here in Bury. I'm spending the rest of the afternoon editing audio and film.

No snow, and to be honest, I won't hold my breath, there usually isn't much worth worrying about.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    foxc_uk wrote:
    I can't tell coz its pitch black outside
    'Ning
    Off to the Peaks today with a couple of guys who're FoxC

Do you mean - with a couple of guys' whore?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Afternoon Mongs,

Of course it snowed a bit here - as soon as I went out for a cheeky little 25 miler over the North downs on the roadie with a couple of mates - but sun came out in the end and we got to letch at a few fit roadie burds out in their lycra gear. Got the ride Stava'd and realised we've got a bit of work to do even if the route was a bit hilly - average speed 12.7mph :oops: And that's not including the lunchtime stop for coffee and a bacon & sausage sarni...but at least it's scrathed the exercise itch for a few days.

Now off to chill for a bit and wait for my roast chicken dinner to show up :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Afternoon Mongs,

Of course it snowed a bit here - as soon as I went out for a cheeky little 25 miler over the North downs on the roadie with a couple of mates -

My mate bottled it in the end. Like a proper roadie he shat himself when he looked outside and saw the weather was less than perfect.

Went out on my own anyway. Managed a touch over 50 miles @ 14.9mph average. Not too shabby considering my "road bike" at the moment is just a rigid rockhopper on slicks.
    Was bIoody cold though! Garmin says ave temp was 2deg, and it was raining most of the way. Couldn't feel my feet after about mile # 10.

Still, really enjoyed myself, and will also enjoy spending the next week pointing out my (much MUCH fitter) mate is a complete pussy!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Afternoon Mongs,

Of course it snowed a bit here - as soon as I went out for a cheeky little 25 miler over the North downs on the roadie with a couple of mates -

My mate bottled it in the end. Like a proper roadie he shat himself when he looked outside and saw the weather was less than perfect.

Went out on my own anyway. Managed a touch over 50 miles @ 14.9mph average. Not too shabby considering my "road bike" at the moment is just a rigid rockhopper on slicks.
    Was bIoody cold though! Garmin says ave temp was 2deg, and it was raining most of the way. Couldn't feel my feet after about mile # 10.

Still, really enjoyed myself, and will also enjoy spending the next week pointing out my (much MUCH fitter) mate is a complete pussy!

Sounds familiar - the 'proper' tights-wearing roadie of the three of us canelled on us yesterday because it was 'a bit wet' :roll: (like him).

The two of us that are seriously unfit have decided that our target for roadie stuff this year is to get to an average speed of 15mph :lol: Might have to cheat and do some flatter routes.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • 'tis the way forward I tells ya.

Only did 800m climbing. I'd usually be looking at at least 3 times that. Still feel absolutely farked now though!
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Afternoon mongs!

No snow here, but the lovely liquid mud is drying out turning into horrible clag that turns wheels into giant mud donuts weighing half a ton. Usual hour ride took nearly two.

Still not using the road bike as it's crater world on the local roads. Part of the usual route to the outlaws has washed away, not good for rural Essex so I can only imagine how bad it is the the west.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • 5tew ST
    5tew ST Posts: 16
    The Peaks is still snow free. Well it is at mine :) it's due to start at 9pm and be heavy over night
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Evening scuttlers

Fun blast round Cwm this morning with mate from work and unexpectedly but pleasantly northern monkey and squarepants, then back there later for a walk.

Just chilling now with my 5th Harry Potter film thus weekend
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Stevo_666
    'tis the way forward I tells ya.

Only did 800m climbing. I'd usually be looking at at least 3 times that. Still feel absolutely farked now though!
    Aye, works wonders for the MTB fitness and other stuff like skiing. Actually maybe my speed wasn't that bad as we did over 600m climbing in 25 miles. Who said the South East was flat?
  • its snowing here again in mansfield :)