SRAM cassette onto hope bulb issues Help!

jonniorrell
jonniorrell Posts: 43
edited January 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
As the subject says i just bought some mavic rims with hope bulb hubs built in as im new to the maintenance side i pressumed i could just transfer my current cassette to the new hub my cassette is a SRAM 10-Speed 11-32 from my standard ghost 5700 it fits fine the problem i have is im at the end of my gears and the three small cogs are not in use it seems my original hub stuck out longer so i could hit every gear , do i need to buy a new cassette and if so which?? or is it something i have done wrong ?? please help
Always take spare socks!!

Comments

• As the subject says i just bought some mavic rims with hope bulb hubs built in as im new to the maintenance side i pressumed i could just transfer my current cassette to the new hub my cassette is a SRAM 10-Speed 11-32 from my standard ghost 5700 it fits fine the problem i have is im at the end of my gears and the three small cogs are not in use it seems my original hub stuck out longer so i could hit every gear , do i need to buy a new cassette and if so which?? or is it something i have done wrong ?? please help

You need to set up your rear deraileur.

Look for a video on youtube and read Sheldon Brown.

http://sheldonbrown.com/derailer-adjustment.html
  • i did think this i just thought because it was so out i might of done something wrong thanks for the link.
  • Ok so I've loosened the H screw to pull the derailer towards the small outer cog and nothing has happened I've also loosened the tension nothing seems to be pulling the derailer outwards and onto the final few cogs I'm really stuck the YouTube vids seem to be just for tweaking the alignment but in my case it's out by half an inch I'm stuck some1 please help or I will have to admit defeat and go to the LBS
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Unscrew both stops right out, disconnect the cable and see if the mech moves so the top jockey is at least in line with the outer cog
  • Thanks chunkers that seemed to work but I found the cable to be damaged at the lever end so replaced that and everything is fine cheers