Hi All Newbie here just a quick Hello.

sim2kuk2001
sim2kuk2001 Posts: 2
edited January 2013 in MTB beginners
Hi All,

As the title says new to the site and also new to cycling. Singing up to the site as i'm hoping to keep interested as i know a lot of people buy bike and then just dont ride them. My birthday is on the 19th Jan so ive gone and bought this 39643_1_SuperSize.jpg for £599 from £1000 which i think is not a bad price, however could be wrong because i know nothing about bikes as the last one i bought was probably 20 years ago.

Any thing i should be looking out for or advice i'll gladly accept.

Well as i said just a quick hello to say hi...

Comments

• Gamblor
    Gamblor Posts: 84
    Welcome, mate.
  • hi

welcome to the forum and best of all welcome to the world of cycling :)

you will find loads of info here and helpfull advise when you need it.
  • ry1978
    ry1978 Posts: 166
    Looks like you've got a pretty good deal there...cannondale make good bikes in my opinion
    Specialized Roubaix
    Cannondale F900 SL
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR120
  • Hello and welcome
  • DanDax1990
    DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
    Looks great, enjoy it. Ride it. Get muddy and probably break it from time to time lol.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Hi and Welcome....
    Singing up to the site
    I'll name that tune in 5!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • nasha48
    nasha48 Posts: 231
    Nice wheels. A bit "suck eggs" but do your best to keep the thing relatively clean, ideally get in the habit of giving it a decent wash off immediately after every ride through the winter and most of the time through the drier spells too. Focus on that nice shiny and efficient drivetrain or it will wear out before you know it and you'll be diggin in your pockets before you thought possible. If you haven't already buy in a good degreaser, wash, GT85, small headed stiff brushes, disc brake cleaner and some wet and dry lube (though I do know lots of riders don't like to use the wet stuff). Finally, keep your eye on those brake pads - they don't last forever!