Advice

clair
clair Posts: 15
edited January 2013 in Women
Hello all, i have just had my beloved bike out of the shed after 2 years it has been serviced and is all ready to go, after being unable to ride due to back problems. im having trouble with finding the right shorts. i have some endura hummvee 3/4 shorts but the trouble im having is finding a padded liner thats fits ok. the ones that came with the shorts fit but the padding feels huge and really sticks out. do you always wear padded shorts or does anyone just go for baggy without the liner. i also got some basic coolmax shorts but again the padding seems big. could it be that i am just not use to wearing the padded shorts. how did you get on with first wearing yours. any advice would be great, thanks.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    With liners, you are supposed to go commando - so if you aren't, try it lol.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    I didn't find the Endura padded liners particularly comfortable - fortunately I had the liner from the Fox shirts and can use them instead. It's not very helpful, but that's my experience!
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    I always wear padded shorts - personally I quite like the Altura ones but I guess it's all personal preference! They do feel weird the first few you wear them though so it might just be a case of getting use to them?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • I've not worn padded shorts for years, but when i did I use to wear some like these http://www.startfitness.co.uk/product.a ... P_ID=49729
    I did have some made by Nike.
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    I wear padded shorts, under some baggies. I find the Nike ones pretty comfortable, and as FoxC said the liners from Fox aren't bad but I would not wear those as my 'base' layer of shorts...

I will elaborate. Even when I was on the bike loads (2/3 times a week) if I wore one pair of shorts, my bum still hurt. So, I made the decision to try 2 pairs. This made it better but there was still a bit of pain, 3 pairs...and I am pain free wahoo. Just need to get some big baggy shorts to hide all the lycra :) Feel free to take the mickey out of me now. But seriously, I would try it!
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • Madison Bamboo undershorts are nice and breathable and comfy. £19.99 a pair.