Thursday...

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited January 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning mongs.

Well, bacon has been eaten and 1st coffee on it way.

Time to sleep at the desk before anyone else get here.

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' exes and double exes,

Today is my 'office Friday' - I'm working tomorrow, but off-site. At the Autosport Show. Win.

So, consequently, I'm going for a fry-up in a while - as is the style, bacons will feature. Nom.

In the meantime, I shall placate myself with coffee and catching up on Dakar happenings - two guys I know are already out the race. Boo.

Onwards! To caffiene! And piggymeats! Yay.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Clank - not been to the autosport show for years, always a giggle! Worst think I am in meeting today and tomorrow about 5 miles away :(

Today is meetings fun and what initially was a few beers & an overnight stay with a few others has turned into norman no mates reading a paper with his dinner - great
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning Mongs!

Been at work for an hour. No bacon, no coffee.

Off for some tea in a minute then a fun meeting to discuss why we need another £100k on a contract so we're not making a loss.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Clank
    matthew h wrote:
    Clank - not been to the autosport show for years, always a giggle! Worst think I am in meeting today and tomorrow about 5 miles away :(

I wouldn't go if I had to pay for it myself - but seeing as someone else is, it'd be rude not to make the effort. I'm only really interested in catchingg the Engineering Show as it's a good place to scout for new clients.

However, this year there are also a very interesting car getting parked on the British Cross Country Championship stand that will be worth having a thorough nose at.

milner%20evoque%20side%20front%20view%20700w.jpg

I'll take a V6, in orange, with ML bead-lockers, please.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

• cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Good sleep last night and a hearty breakfast of porridge has set me up for the day.

Still waiting for my new bike to arrive so yet more time spent chasing this up.

Yesterday's meeting was, as expected, a complete ball-ache. Lots more work coming my way and a few trips away to the middle of nowhere.

I forgot to stop at the shop on the way in this morning so there are no cakes or shortbread to be had here.

Tea and nothing else again.

Later......
  • spongtastic
    Clank wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

I wouldn't go if I had to pay for it myself - but seeing as someone else is, it'd be rude not to make the effort. I'm only really interested in catchingg the Engineering Show as it's a good place to scout for new clients.

However, this year there are also a very interesting car getting parked on the British Cross Country Championship stand that will be worth having a thorough nose at.

milner%20evoque%20side%20front%20view%20700w.jpg

I'll take a V6, in orange, with ML bead-lockers, please.

Still looks like a hairdressers car.

• Morning homos.

Still on track for my 100mile a week cycling target (I know, it's only the 2nd week of doing it, but still....). Im aiming for 500miles in Jan so I can get my base500 award on Strava :lol:

I seriously need to get my proper roadbike soon. I'm finding that I'm coming up short of KOM of a load of segments by a few seconds, if that. Pretty much decided on the Planet-X N2A Gran Fondo Secial, but sadly need to wait a couple of months before I can properly afford it. Especially as the dryer went bang last night too :roll:

Laters douches!
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning sapiens and neanderthals
    Body feels a bit worn out after the gym last night, so tonight I'm going for dinner and then snowboarding at Tamworth. Day of rest tomorrow I reckon.
    Still no luck on the boarding trip for Feb yet, seems all my 'mates' have either booked themselves or aren't interested in going the first week in Feb.. ho hum.
    Onwards to dull paperwork! yay! oh...

Tarrah then
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • spongtastic
    Morning homos.

Still on track for my 100mile a week cycling target (I know, it's only the 2nd week of doing it, but still....). Im aiming for 500miles in Jan so I can get my base500 award on Strava :lol:

I seriously need to get my proper roadbike soon. I'm finding that I'm coming up short of KOM of a load of segments by a few seconds, if that. Pretty much decided on the Planet-X N2A Gran Fondo Secial, but sadly need to wait a couple of months before I can properly afford it. Especially as the dryer went bang last night too :roll:

Laters douches!

I'd go for the Pro Carbon Red and spend another £400 on a decent set of wheels any tyres.

• Morning all,

Put my bike up for sale yesterday, and just hoping and praying I get an offer! Today will be filled with much packing, as we are out of this house next week! Should be good!

Also have a few conference calls lined up for today, YAY.
  • Morning Losers!

Another day in early, however I think I've (once again) solved my Mac problems. I've reached the point now though, that if there is a problem, I don't care.
    Just been out to restock the biscuit tin and tea bag tub, and came back with sausage and egg sandwich for me and bacon butty for the minion. This has raised my awareness levels by tenfold.

Didn't go out last night, but I'm determined to tonight.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning Scuttlers

Feel like warmed up back today, very sinusey but hey...today and tomorrow then off for 9 days. Riding at afan 9am sharp Sunday with some workmates so should be fun.

Booked a holiday yesterday, felt quite posh 5* all inclusive but then i realised we were flying with Ryanair, should have realised we were flying to Malta Dublin airport. In fact as were off from Stanstead maybe that should be Rylan air, just a little Essex joke there.....

Overwhelmed by the interest in the coast to coast or Manuel Labour as its becoming known (mainly by me)

Anyway coffee calls

Tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Still no luck on the boarding trip for Feb yet, seems all my 'mates' have either booked themselves or aren't interested in going the first week in Feb.. ho hum

Kisses
    FoxC

Still can come to Borovets for those dates with us.

Morning All

Sitting around waiting for garage to call so can pick up the Volvo from servicing. Doing emails and other work related stuff. Might check out prices for ski insurance in a minute.

Might even consider cleaning the bike before tonights ride where it will get dirty again :roll:
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    Morning homos.

I seriously need to get my proper roadbike soon. I'm finding that I'm coming up short of KOM of a load of segments by a few seconds, if that.

That's the way - it's not the workman, it's the tools :lol:
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    Afternoon!
    Tired, need bacons....that is all.
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Busy. Work hurts my head. Have a weekend at the farm lined up.

However just booked my sister some dress appointments for when she is home next. Exciting times making her try on meringues.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    MissCMC wrote:
    Busy. Work hurts my head. Have a weekend at the farm lined up.

However just booked my sister some dress appointments for when she is home next. Exciting times making her try on meringues.

Oo thats mean no one deserves a meringues!
  • Gazlar
    Ye, that's a tenner to me.....just bet myself that a miss cmc comment would be followed by a waylander one ......such is my expertise in such matters
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Gazlar wrote:
    Ye, that's a tenner to me.....just bet myself that a miss cmc comment would be followed by a waylander one ......such is my expertise in such matters
    He has learnt from you well
  • Thewaylander
    LOL indeed :P

also i'd just got our free lunch at work and was starting to browse the webs lol. timing worked well for my stalking lol
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

:lol:

afternoon all, i think i have a problem - i've quite enjoyed work this week :shock:

anyway, i'm off out for a bike ride later (on my own cos northern monkey mussed out :wink:) should be nice and cold :lol:

i'm on a diet, so off to a nice weight watchers ready meal :(

laters :D
  • Thewaylander
    welshkev wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

:lol:

afternoon all, i think i have a problem - i've quite enjoyed work this week :shock:

anyway, i'm off out for a bike ride later (on my own cos northern monkey mussed out :wink:) should be nice and cold :lol:

i'm on a diet, so off to a nice weight watchers ready meal :(

laters :D

Just cook real food and eat half the amount.. weight watchers meals aren't healthy there just tiny fricken portions... Like my.... oops didnt mean that :lol:
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    [
    Just cook real food and eat half the amount.. weight watchers meals aren't healthy there just tiny fricken portions... Like my.... oops didnt mean that :lol:

i do at home mate, it's just easier to cook a ready meal in work. i've lost 8 pounds since christmas so i'm doing something right :lol:
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Afternoon bumders

Because I'm a moron. Made it to lectures this morning but forgot to go to my practicals. Heading back into uni for a couple more hours, then back home via the post office hopefully where my reverb is waiting for me.

This evening will be working or bike building. Or both.

Laters
  • Gazlar
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

Young Sly-walker is keen and has promise but lacks finesse at the moment. I bet he's never touched his victims hair without them knowing......

He has much to learn at the moment he's more japs eye than Jedi ;o)
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Proutster wrote:
    Morning homos.

I seriously need to get my proper roadbike soon. I'm finding that I'm coming up short of KOM of a load of segments by a few seconds, if that.

That's the way - it's not the workman, it's the tools :lol:

Tbf, the last dude to proclaim it's not about the bike is about to confess to being a dirty druggy to Oprah. As such, I'll blame the bike as much as I can.

Oh, and I'll give you tools in a minute!
  • Thewaylander
    welshkev wrote:
    [

i do at home mate, it's just easier to cook a ready meal in work. i've lost 8 pounds since christmas so i'm doing something right :lol:

I've lost that before after a good curry ;)
  • Thewaylander
    Gazlar wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

Young Sly-walker is keen and has promise but lacks finesse at the moment. I bet he's never touched his victims hair without them knowing......

Which hair? :lol:
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:

Which hair? :lol:

Head obviously......if you were any good at stalking you'd know its like a baby rat down there

newbornrat.jpg
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Clank
    Oh, and I'll give you tools in a minute!

You haven't got a good tools in you!

My work here is done.