Bikeradar Spring Fling 2013 010413

napoleond
napoleond Posts: 5,992
Bank Holiday Monday 1st April, start at Macc Lesiure Centre 10am (It's the only day both Colin Pokerface and I can do...)
Route http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=518426
Get to ride with a current World Champion!

Cost - £50 voluntary donation to the NapD BlingFund.

No coffee stop planned but can stop for refreshments if people want to at the splendid Jodrell Bank Visitors centre Cafe...

Due to the weather it is a pretty flat route along some Cheshire lanes. This is much more a social ride than a 'challenge' ride. Cheeky short climb at the end that's actually very pleasant.
Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
ABCC Cycling Coach

Comments

• Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Going to be Sunday 31st March, start at Macc Lesiure Centre 10am (It's the only day both Colin Pokerface and I can do...)
    Route TBC
    Guest appearances/food TBC but you get to ride with a current World Champion!

Cost - £50 voluntary donation to the NapD BlingFund.
    Prawny and I were just talking about you and the Spring Fling on our ride this morning. Count me in for sure, Prawny may be away on holiday, he's got to check his diary. :)
  • napoleond
    Will you be bringing your avatar?
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • napoleond
    There is the likelihood of us having a feedstation once again provided by the UK's best sportive organiser, TBC...
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Gizmodo
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Will you be bringing your avatar?
    If I can get Prawny to wear stockings again.
    481787_10151141109106404_687768924_n.jpg

On second thoughts :evil:
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    They weren't stockings, they were leg warmers (and a thong)
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • alanp23
    alanp23 Posts: 696
    Thats Easter Sunday

I am planning to attend but need to work it into my Easter weekend schedule.

Will confirm soon
    Top Ten finisher - PTP Tour of Britain 2016
  • napoleond
    May end up having to cancel.
    It;s the only day I can do and too many people pointing out the easter sunday/tour of flanders issue.
    Maybe 2014 eh.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • prawny
    Easter Sunday is no problem for me, it was Mother's Day last year, I had no chance. I'll be recording Flanders too, kids wouldn't let me watch that.
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • napoleond
    Possible route idea. Nice and short but with a few fun bits.

http://bikeroutetoaster.com/Course.aspx?course=490542
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • prawny
    It's a bit flat :wink: :shock:
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,823
    I'm still up for this.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Gizmodo
    Easter Sunday no problem for me. Almost a kilometre of ascent on the other hand .....
  • napoleond
    All steady climbs though...
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • prawny wrote:

it's a bit ooop North too :lol:
  • Gizmodo
    prawny wrote:
    it's a bit ooop North too :lol:
    All things are relative, some may say it's a Southern softie - they'll say it in a Scottish accent though. :D
  • napoleond
    Hoiw about a date change to BH Monday 1st April?
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Hoiw about a date change to BH Monday 1st April?

Just booked a holiday :(
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Is that the Easter Monday? Wouldnt be too bad and also wouldnt clash with the usual Sunday club rides that many ppl will be on.

If I am free sounds great - I did the 2011 ride and enjoyed it, despite having to turn off at the top of Cat and Fiddle as I was struggling.
  • napoleond
    mr_poll wrote:
    Is that the Easter Monday? Wouldnt be too bad and also wouldnt clash with the usual Sunday club rides that many ppl will be on.

If I am free sounds great - I did the 2011 ride and enjoyed it, despite having to turn off at the top of Cat and Fiddle as I was struggling.

It is, it also wouldn't clash with the tour of Flanders...
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • napoleond
    Right. 1st April it is!
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • prawny
    I'm in. :shock:
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Just so everyone knows - I'm currently fine-tuning my hill-climbing form so that unlike previous years, I won;t be the last one up every friggin' climb.

Looking forward to seeing some old (and new) faces on April 1!!

Colin
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    I'll get to one of these one year.
    This year I get back from Majorca the day before so I think I'd be pushing it if I came !
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Sounds good. I am a definite maybe!
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    What is the format of the BR spring fling.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Gizmodo
    smidsy wrote:
    What is the format of the BR spring fling.
    It's an informal group of people meeting up at the Macclesfield Leisure Centre and going out on a pre planned route. Last year a local cycle shop kindly provided some biddons of drink and some energy bars at the start. A local sportive company kindly fed us a huge amount of cake and water half way round. None of this is guaranteed though.

Here is last years ride http://connect.garmin.com/activity/159166512

This years route looks pretty lumpy. No sign posting so bring a GPS or paper maps. It's free and informal. It's not for real beginners but its not a flat out slog either. We tried to stay together last year but we did end up splitting up for a bit and regrouping.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Galatzo wrote:
    This year I get back from Majorca the day before so I think I'd be pushing it if I came !

I'm planning on racing for the 2 days prior to the event and whilst I *may be in decent shape - chances are I'll be a little tired myself!

Don't let coming back from Majorca be an excuse not to come out and join us!
  • [quote="Gizmodo....... It's free and informal. It's not for real beginners but its not a flat out slog either. We tried to stay together last year but we did end up splitting up for a bit and regrouping.[/quote]

It was a great event last year, however I was one of the slow ones that held the group up
    Love to do it again this year, perhaps if there is spread of capability we could have two groups, (advance and intermediate) ??

PS I have trained extra hard over winter to try and keep up this year :wink:
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Pokerface wrote:
    Galatzo wrote:

I'm planning on racing for the 2 days prior to the event and whilst I *may be in decent shape - chances are I'll be a little tired myself!

Don't let coming back from Majorca be an excuse not to come out and join us!

It's the wife (and kids) and that'd be the problem if I came back from 5 days cycling in Majorca then buzzed off the next day (Easter Monday) for more cycling !
    Potentially doing the Cheshire Cat the weekend before and Motion in Mercia the weekend after but we'll see how things are.
    Fitness wise I'm certainly winning at the moment, nearly a stone gone since christmas thanks to flu and lots of riding. Spring can't come quick enough !
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.