Terrible Tuesday Thread

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited January 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning bumders

Uni meh continues today. 9-3, couple of hours off then 6-10... sod that. Can't wait for the new frame (and associated parts) to arrive, today will mostly be checking emails and tracking deliveries :lol:

Laters

Comments

• cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Angry Bird wrote:
    today will mostly be checking emails and tracking deliveries :lol:

^ This

Plus pretending to do some real work and look busy. Another quiet day ahead so browsing the web seems to be the best option to pass the time.

Lots of tea and shortbread to pass the time.

Later......
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    cicatriz wrote:
    Lots of tea and shortbread to pass the time.

Top plan, that man!

Mornin' violaters of farm animals,

Day of work m'eh could actually turn into something a little interesting as I have a system to programme for my infamous mecha/death-ray combo for an amusing little job, and a presentation to build for a meeting next week. It's for a potential customer in a totally different busienss secotr, so I have make them think I know what I'm talking about. I fail at that here on a daily basis, so I'm as good as f*****d on that one. .........which takes the pressure off!

Onwards! To coffee! And industrial machines!!*

*I don't see the code any more, just blond, redhead, suspension arm, front longitudinal........
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning Mongs!

Feeling good this morning, I think this no alcohol business is starting to have an effect again. Last time I tried I wasn't in the right frame of mind, but this time after the first day it's been pretty easy.

Anyway been at work for an hour as the only person in the office, off to the wilds of Lowestoft in a bit and then doing a couple of site visits before home and a ride out on the bike whilst the kids are swimming.

Contemplating ordering a Titus X frame again......
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    Planning my travel for this month. Two weeks San Francisco looks good. Wish we had an office in the Sechelles though. Note that two weeks in my language = 3 weekends!!
  • Morning Losers!

In at work early again this morning, to pretty much undo everything I did yesterday morning :roll: Made a few changes as well to make my life easier, but I still imagine today and tomorrow will be a bit hellish.

First Judo session of the year yesterday, and my God did we get put through our paces! I was knackered! I think I may ache a bit later, and probably a lot tomorrow.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning Retardee's of the Crud.
    Been Fettling this morning, I should bring my bikes to the office more often, get a lot more done in proper lighting and without little hands moving things of big noses poking.

No plans today but will try and get a ride in tonight.
    Lagrange wrote:
    Planning my travel for this month. Two weeks San Francisco looks good. Wish we had an office in the Sechelles though. Note that two weeks in my language = 3 weekends!!

San Fran got hills! I'd love to travel more in the name of "work" sounds ace, not sure about the reality?

Anyway Porridge and coffees are waiting.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Work meh

That's about it
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning scuttlers

As above....usual work meh. Ride in was much more pleasant after i took the route straight through what is known as parklife. This was prompted by an argument with a pedestrian last night after i rang my bike bell just to warn him of my presence and he decided to block the road and tell me i had to wait as i "shouldn't be riding on a footpath" to which i pointed that it was actually he that was walking on road and you could tell this by the car parks that were only accessed from the road.....he huffed then yielded.

Yesterday's announcement of an announcement was announced slightly prematurely there will be one in the next day or two though.

And at that.......i'm off to merthyr.......wish me luck

Tarrah a bit
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Had a filling replaced today, so currently half my face is numb. Made eating breakfast a little challenging.
    Plans are afoot for trips away with people I haven't met.
    Interesting news about Gwin...
    Today is mostly tying up loose ends, preparing for my departure etc blah blah
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • Gazlar
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Kisses
    FoxC

You realise that the word on the scene is that he's been let
    go by Trek to free up some budget for your salary ;o)
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • foxc_uk
    Gazlar wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Kisses
    FoxC

If only that were true!
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    everning,

Work, free lunch, tax... that is all
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    Afternoon all! In an attempt to further procrastinate and not clean the house ready for a visitor tomorrow I am swinging by to say hi. So hello all, hope you are all having a lovely day :) I WILL clean in a bit.....do you think if I ply said visitor with cakes and wine they may forget my house is a mess?
    This morning was spent exercising, now my arms won't work.... this evening shall be spent catching up with an old snowboarding friend. Need to squeeze a bit more work in there too always so much to do and not enough time!
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • Thewaylander
    if you present cake, booze, i think you will be forgiven..
  • MissBint37
    I was going to make some chocolate brownies, and make some salted caramel sauce to go with it! It is a school night though so too much booze might not be a good thing. Although I could do with some recommendations for a decent red wine from you classy lot ;)
  • Thewaylander
    Depends on what you like, big bold wines. softer flavours.

mm get a half decent Shiraz, you can't go wrong with something like a wolfblass get a perfectly acceptable one under £10
  • MissBint37
    I don't do red wine it gives me wine headache so I will be on a decent Sauvignon Blanc but he prefers red, something quite mellow I think from the conversations we have had.....and something that goes well with chocolate brownies!
  • Thewaylander
    ooo a jess wine hmmmm

not so good at those :(
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    Depends on what you like, big bold wines. softer flavours.

homo!
  • MissBint37
    Might see what is on offer at the supermarket haha :?
    What is your opinion on grenache out of interest. I don't usually do rose but....
  • Gazlar
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Kisses
    FoxC

If only that were true!

Although you do have to take on some if his duties as part of your job.....what are you like at guzzling champagne whilst on a podium?

Im guessing its a normal Saturday night actually.

I mean a night club podium, i'm not suggesting you are a part time stripper

Not that you couldn't be....full time even... You've got the looks.....not that you look like a stripper.....oh god i'm digging a hole here

:o)
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Thewaylander
    MissBint37 wrote:
    What is your opinion on grenache out of interest. I don't usually do rose but....

no one should do rose, its just wrong!

Go for a merlot, not to big but a solid grape. no one hates a merlot.
  • MissBint37
    Gazlar wrote:
    Although you do have to take on some if his duties as part of your job.....what are you like at guzzling champagne whilst on a podium?

Not that you couldn't be....full time even... You've got the looks.....not that you look like a stripper.....oh god i'm digging a hole here

Fantastic :lol:
  • MissBint37
    MissBint37 wrote:

no one should do rose, its just wrong!

Go for a merlot, not to big but a solid grape. no one hates a merlot.
    Ok I will get some of that and hope he likes it!

Grenache is a bit darker than a standard rose though, what also about merlot rose? Not for tomorrow, just in general?
  • Thewaylander
    Rose no!!! bad miss bint!! bad bad!!
    :wink:
  • foxc_uk
    Gazlar wrote:

You haven't got a good hole digging in you!

That's probably not true actually...

I fell off a podium in an Italian nightclub once. Fact.
  • Gazlar
    Ah foxc ......the bunga bunga years

Miss bint if you insist on a rose then a good quality single origin Anjou is actually very nice.....i personally prefer something red and full bodied with a lingering taste (not a reference to Bolton either) but of all roses i do find a classic Anjou far preferable to the current trendy new world rose wines
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Day 3 skiing in morzine, all the lads have a ski tracker type app on their gay phones! this gives a max speed, so today has been speeding everywhere, 74mph is the top speed so far! tomorrow will be a distance day!

I wish that i was in work like you lot!

been drinking lots of red but have no idea what its called but its very nice (hope this helps the wine discussion!)

bye y'all!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    I rode the bike to work today. It rained. Think that will be the norm for the rest of the year...