The Back To Work Mehday Thread

Raymondavalon
Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
edited January 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Greetings Maggots,

Back to work today, meh!
Inbox was amazingly light though, so either I am unimportant or forgotten
Been an expensive festive season, but on the plus side, I was handed a mint condition Blackberry Torch free of charge, so that has to be a good Omen..

Wishing you all a day that passes swiftly and quietly..

Comments

• DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    Skipton bound today. Might take the road bike later in the week and crack off a few Le Tour stylee hills if the injury will allow.

Any road (and no, we don't really say that up here) time to crack on tha nos.

A'll si thi
    Peter
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Meh

Kids still ill ensures they work hard to remove our sleep, so a day full of important meetings is going to be exceptionally hard.

Legs still sore after 60m and 3300ft climbs with the gay cycling club on the single speed yesterday
  • Mornin folks

Work meh today, but on 6-2 this week, going to start doing a few runs out on the bike this week to break my legs and arris back in.

Laters
    work hard, play hard, fall hard

cube stereo 2010

Felt Z95 2013
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' meths drinkers

Back in work after a pleasant weekend, even if yesterday was mostly spent pretending to be domesticated.

No idea what today will bring, but I'm guessing it will be getting bits of metal to do what bits of metal really don't want to be doing. On the plus side, it should make some great noises.

No bacons today, but hey, life goes on. There's always tomorrow!

Onwards! To coffee! And a quiet day!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Mornin folks

Work meh today, but on 6-2 this week, going to start doing a few runs out on the bike this week to break my legs and arris back in.

Laters
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    this, word for word
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Uni meh resumes today, CBA, doesn't help that Superbitch is round here too which has put me in a bad mood already, I want to kill her. Still will be ordering the new frame later though so got something to look forward to.

Laters
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Monday certainly came around quickly again. Not enough beer was consumed over the weekend so I am feeling too awake for a Monday morning. This will probably change sometime after lunch when a heap of CBA will arrive.

Tea to see me through.

Later......
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning scuttlers

This week im on one of those very rare for me weeks of 9-6 Monday to Friday........already I've seen the hate and contempt in the eyes of motorists and pedestrians as i rode in to work....seems cars drive at you and walkers walk out in front of you.....cyclist really are bottom of the food chain.

Not much else to report at the mo.....apart from a big crudder event in the offing......details, albest vague ones at the mo will be shared tonight (clank knows what i'm talking bout)

Torah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • cazmotron
    cazmotron Posts: 161
    Morning Jizz Moppers.

Back to work today. think I need a stewards inquiry into where the last week has went as it has seemed to have went by far to quickly. Ah well onwards to coffee and interwebs browsing for the rest of the day
    Attention all planets of the Solar Federation - We have assumed control.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning numpties,

First coffee consumed.. rest of the day is planned at doing my best to avoid work.. i might fail at this.

i also need to see if i can repair my p7 torch tonight as it seems to be stuck on the lowest output setting which is no use to man nor beast :(
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'Ning
    Normal paper shuffling here, 20 working days to go... :D
    Bike ride on Saturday was good, although my fitness has dropped off massively due to only doing 4 rides from September to December. Did manage to only put my foot down once on a small techy climb section that normally I end up getting all wrong and stopping 4 times, so I might not be fit but my skills are getting better (ish).
    Spent yesterday cleaning the bike. Thanks to the inventor of the toothbrush, I can now see daylight through one jockey wheel and the other one is running pretty smoothly.
    The rest of the day was spent putting piles of books into the charity shop bag, and boxing up the rest of them along with my CD's. Packing is heinous.
    I think cake is on the horizon, as it's a colleagues birthday...not ideal as I need to lose half a stone. Oh well!
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Just go to the loo and sit down for a bit.. i can lose half a stone doign that.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mehning Feckwits,
    Pretty quiet weekend really, this non drinking and no chocolate lark aint arf boring!
    Good ride yesterday, plenty of mud and and jumpy stuff. (i'm no gayer like you lot on road bikes)
    Waiting for bits for Beyonce still, then i have reached a point of "Done" on the bikes. So i started looking at what i can upgrade on Steffi, but not much, may get some wider bars?

Anyway Dieting sucks and work is boring.

Toodles.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    Working from home today after dropping the car off at the garage, so that they can have the pleasure of taking lots of money off me for a 60,000 mile service.

Good ride on Saturday with Richie63 & DodgeT (+ my neighbour who never stops talking), but my legs are still aching :oops:

Bike all washed & lubed yesterday along with new brake lines fitted and brakes bled.

Night rides planned for Tuesday & Thursday so bring on the mud!!
  • Mehning Losers!

Terrible morning so far. Came into work early to get stuff done, but my alarm went off 20 minutes later that it was meant to (and this is a digital one on my phone, I don't know how that happened!) so I'm not as early as I wanted. Just consumed a sausage and egg butty as I was getting very irritable and slow.
    All the macs keeps falling off the interwebs, making the online tests that are taking place, look a bit dodgy. IT are as helpful as ever.

I get the feeling this year is going to see me turn into the grumpiest, miserable and moany 30 year old ever.

Meh.

Laters
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Gazlar wrote:
    Not much else to report at the mo.....apart from a big crudder event in the offing......details, albest vague ones at the mo will be shared tonight (clank knows what i'm talking bout)

I think I know that of which you speak.

....been workin' on a few 'warm-up' plans, too. 8)

Bwahahahaaaaaaa!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    So basically:

1. I didn't come into work as early as I planned = win

2. I had a sandwich with sausages in it = win

Stop whinging.
    Mehning Losers!

Terrible morning so far. Came into work early to get stuff done, but my alarm went off 20 minutes later that it was meant to (and this is a digital one on my phone, I don't know how that happened!) so I'm not as early as I wanted. Just consumed a sausage and egg butty as I was getting very irritable and slow.
    All the macs keeps falling off the interwebs, making the online tests that are taking place, look a bit dodgy. IT are as helpful as ever.

I get the feeling this year is going to see me turn into the grumpiest, miserable and moany 30 year old ever.

Meh.

Laters
  • EH_Rob wrote:
    So basically:

Stop whinging.
    Mehning Losers!

Meh.

Laters
    Not quite, I didn't get into work as early as I planned, but still got in 50mins earlier than I should have, so FAIL

Got a sausage and egg sandwhich at gone 10am, having been up since 6:40, this was the first thing I'd eaten all day FAIL
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • DF33 wrote:
    Might take the road bike later in the week and crack off

You filthy man... the door is that way >

1st day back to work... trying to stay sane.
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    EH_Rob wrote:
    So basically:

Stop whinging.
    Mehning Losers!

Meh.

Laters
    Not quite, I didn't get into work as early as I planned, but still got in 50mins earlier than I should have, so FAIL

Got a sausage and egg sandwhich at gone 10am, having been up since 6:40, this was the first thing I'd eaten all day FAIL

Oh sorry, in that case all is lost and you may as well end it all.
  • I'm close to that!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Hey up scutlees!

in morzine doing skiing, its brilliant!

that is all!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    bg13 wrote:
    Hey up scutlees!

that is all!

Not jealous whatsoever :shock:
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    bg13 wrote:
    Hey up scutlees!

that is all!

+ overpriced mountainside fries
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Well, going back to work sucked...
  • DF33
    DF33 Posts: 732
    DF33 wrote:
    Might take the road bike later in the week and crack off

You filthy man... the door is that way >

But it's cheaper than leather cream
    Peter
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Gazlar wrote:

CrudRhyllgangbankwhilsttheirheadisinastock?
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    foxc_uk wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    Hey up scutlees!

that is all!

+ overpriced mountainside fries

Eating is cheating, vin chaud all the way!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er