Fork seals grease

Uli
Uli Posts: 190
edited January 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all,
I lost the tube of Motorex suspension grease and my Raidon needs some TLC again. Question: is it OK to use Finish Line Teflon grease
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... odelID=980
instead, to grease the fork seals or should I make a trip to LBS and get the proper stuff?
Thx

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What fork, should they be greased or use fork oil....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Uli
    I said Raidon. The Sountour manual is not clear but every other source I found online says use grease.
  • The Rookie
    Sorry, missed that! That teflon grease will be fine, but I tend to use red rubber grease on Suntours as the seal is a bit iffy and RRG is more water proof.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Uli
    Cool, thanks. I think RRG is teflon based as well.
  • Newfish
    Newfish Posts: 121
    Sorry to high jack but it is related. Would that grease be ok for a set of Rebas?
    Cheers,
    Simon.
    No, RS use fork oil......
  • Uli
    Do you add any 5W oil to fork legs as per Suntour docs or just grease is enough? I added a little last time but is there a point?
  • The Rookie
    No benefit to not adding it....
  • Newfish
    Newfish Posts: 121
    No, RS use fork oil......

Thank you.
    Cheers,
    Simon.