grass track for kids

angeline
angeline Posts: 4
edited January 2013 in Amateur race
Hello to everone and thanks in advance for any advice.
My daughter who is 11 is keen to have a go at grass track cycling does anyone know of any links or pass me some info of where she can do this , we live in hampshire and because of other siblings we can't go shooting of to the north every weekend. Is there a saturday/sunday grass track league anywhere down here?
cheers

Comments

• BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    You might struggle to find much local grass-track racing in Hampshire - it's a bit of a quirky, 'niche' branch of cycle sport. If this link works it should show the results of grass-track events in 2012 which will give you some idea where they take place. British Cycling results pages

If you have an eleven year old daughter who is showing any interest in competitive cycling at all then I'd recommend trying to find your nearest Go-Ride cycling club which will put on training and activities for children in all types of cycling and your daughter will have the opportunity to try all sorts of cycling and racing. Look under 'Go-Ride' on the British Cycling website.

Ruth
  • Try the BC Club finder as most good clubs tend to set up these sort of events and might not make it onto the racing lists.

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/clubfinder
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Agree with Ruth about Go Ride. Even if there isn't much of a grass track series in the area then most Go Ride club's should be able to offer it at some point of the year and probably run novice Go Ride races.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    My advice to the OP (based on GoRide and GoRacing within the S/W - for girls) would be take your daughter mtb ing or get over to Calshot and do track (this is by far the cheapest option as you can rent bikes for peanuts and will learn in a safe traffic free enviroment)