Day one of the weekend thread

foxc_uk
foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
edited January 2013 in The Crudcatcher
'ning!
Today sees me return to the Peak district for the first time since the crash in Scotland at the end of August.. Should be interesting..
Better get ready, being picked up at 9am
Kissed
FoxC

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning homos

Today is very busy. So far the plan is: drive to Rotherham to have a look and a sit on some el Guapos, drive back to Burtonland and take the mother to see the Hobbit as she's been complaining about not having seen it for ages, go visit the loony grandmother quickly then drive down to Potters Bar ready for the new term.

This evening will be spent in the pub.

Laters
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    First day of the weekend - ...last day of the week hopefully. Taken my lung disease up to Cambridge to do some work in compensation for spending the whole of the week inc last w/e and NYE in Delhi!! My lung disease does not seem to need radio therapy or Chemo - just some lemsips - but it is still V. SERIOUS!
    Try and get out on it later - no wind - no rain to speak of!
    Have a nice one!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Lagrange - you have got the Mark Fowlers and need lucozade as it's 'aids' recovery

Today is probably illness at our house as the kids are ill, the wife is ill and I feel a lot worse than 6 pints of cider should cause.

So probably log burner lit, Christmas cake and treats and DVD's.

I had planned a decent ride and then a walk with a pub lunch.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning mongs!

Terrierist walked, bacon consumed, off out on the bike in a bit then carry the Christmas tree down the road to be chipped by the local lions club. Have to help the kids with homework, one needs to write about an African country and the other write a story about Christmas. Also need to help Mrs S write her CV as we found a job for her last night that she should at least get an interview for.

Dryathlon day 5, lost 4 pounds!
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Yo saddle sniffers.

Face is feeling better, a lot less baloon shaped.

Driving back to Cardiff today, get my new parts on the RL later then a ride on Sunday morning before work begins on Monday.
  • Morning losers!

Today saw me have a lie in i needed. Feeling better for it.
    Yesterday was a rubbish day, got rejected by the girl i like, and everything went wrong at work which has put me behind quite a bit. Today had better be a better day, or I wont be a happy mule.

Off with a friend to see The Hobbit tonight, have to pick her up from work thren swiftly drive to Bolton, could be interestimg.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Ouch. How did I get in at 5am when I only went out for a couple of drinks with friends. I have blisters the size of small countries on my feet so we must have walked miles. Already had Bridezilla on the phone this morning asking me questions about organising dress shopping and the like. My rules are no pink/peach based colours, no frilly stuff and definitely no floral.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Allo scuttlers

My weekend is cancelled due to work commitments, still week if the week after next so if anyone wants to play bikes in the week then yell.

Tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    foxc_uk wrote:
    'ning!
    Today sees me return to the Peak district for the first time since the crash in Scotland at the end of August.. Should be interesting..
    Better get ready, being picked up at 9am
    Kissed
    FoxC

Good luck, enjoy.

Today i woke up after nearly 13 hours sleep feeling absolutely flattened no idea why. hopefully get out for another slow spin tomorrow try and begin my search for my fitness again where ever it may be.

Bacons have been consumed though so feeling a bit better now :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Afternoon Gimps,

Already knackered as I've been trailing round the zoo today with some hyperactive kids in tow. Coffee has just about kept me going. Will go for a run a bit later to burn a bit of lard then it's time to veg out a bit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Evening All

Been for a short pootle around the Peaks with Proutster, his neighbour Nikky and Dodge T. Stanage down to Curbar gap via Grindleford Cafe and back via Burbage valley. So sorry Foxc if we missed you.

Great fun :D
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Sick kids dumped in bed, now it's wine time
  • Proutster
    Proutster Posts: 785
    Richie63 wrote:
    Evening All

Been for a short pootle around the Peaks with Proutster, his neighbour Nikky and Dodge T. Stanage down to Curbar gap via Grindleford Cafe and back via Burbage valley. So sorry Foxc if we missed you.

Short pootle??

My legs are farked!!

Great fun though & only one minor, low-speed fall from me :oops:
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Proutster wrote:
    Richie63 wrote:
    Evening All

Short pootle??

My legs are farked!!

Great fun though & only one minor, low-speed fall from me :oops:

Short pootle albeit with much contouring :) 18 miles according to strava.. coffee and triple choc brownie was much deserved.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    evening chumps,

arrived in avoriaz, morzine................or some such place, trying a catered chalet for the first time, i'm pished and it rocks, skiing tomoz, cannot wait, seven months of rain in south wales has killed my mojo!

Night all!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    It has been a long day. Woke up at the usual time and couldn't get back to sleep so I just got up and got on with things. Into town for a hair cut, browse around, to the Post Office to pick up a package of some bike bits then home to sort out some of the garden. The nice lady across the road even lent me her wheelie bin for all the hedge trimmings. Three weeks worth of laundry finished and ironed. Feeling knackered now so time for some beer.

Can't wait to get back to work for a rest! :wink:

Later......