Pennine Cycleway -map required

Parcelman
Parcelman Posts: 16
edited January 2013 in Tour & expedition
We are struggling to find a place to buy the Sustrans map for the Pennine Cycleway (South Pennines & The Dales). This is the central section of the route and goes from Holmfirth to Appleby

This map was printed in 2005 and now gone out of print. I have contacted Sustrans and was told they have sold out and have no plans to re-print in the near future

I cant find it on Amazon, Ebay or Holmfirth Tourist Info Office.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could find a copy for sale, or better still have an old copy I could buy from them ?

Comments

• I have this map - I could lend it to you so you could get a copy made but really will want it back. :D
  • We have slightly changed our intended route now and will be doing a circular route starting and finishing in Holmfirth so could live without the map.

Out of interest though does the map have mile markers on it like C2C map. If so could you tell me the distance between Holmfirth and Barnoldswick near Burnley. This is where we think we will be having our first nights stop and wonder how far that will make the first days ride
  • Yes it is the same series of maps. The route has an option at Slack, just after Hebden Bridge, to go via Burnley to Colne or direct to Colne over Widdop. Direct to Colne is 33 miles. Via Burnley is 42 miles. It is then another 6 miles up to Barnoldswick from Colne - so 39 direct via Widdop or 48 via Burnley.
  • Many thanks for the info

Look after the map - you may never get another one
  • Hope you enjoy your ride :D
  • lpretro1 wrote:
    I have this map - I could lend it to you so you could get a copy made but really will want it back. :D

I have the same problem - can't get hold of the susstrans Pennine Cycleway map for Holmfirth to Appleby. I am planning to do this ride in May 2013 with a friend. We did Appleby to Berwick last year. lpretro1: is there any chance of borrowing the map?
    Thanks
    Jim Revill
  • maringirl
    maringirl Posts: 195
    Please send me a PM with your details on. I will see if I can get it copied for you.
  • maringirl wrote:
    Please send me a PM with your details on. I will see if I can get it copied for you.

Thanks! At present I'm not authorised to send PMs (probably because I just joined?). If you email me at:
    jim.revill@virginmedia.com

I will reply and send my address etc.
    Jim