Changing fork springs

stinky96
stinky96 Posts: 10
edited January 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
My Marzocchi 66's (2008) appear to far to stiff. My only suggestion is that it needs lighter springs fitted. Is this an easy job if I were to follow online tutorials? Or's it one of these things I should leave for the professionals?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Very easy, about 15 minutes work with basic tools, you don't even need to take the forks out the frame (though it can make life easier).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it all depends which 66 you have.

have you let the air out yet? and seen how they are if the 66RCV.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Very easy, about 15 minutes work with basic tools, you don't even need to take the forks out the frame (though it can make life easier).

Hopefully that's the case then!
  • nicklouse wrote:
    it all depends which 66 you have.

have you let the air out yet? and seen how they are if the 66RCV.

It's the ones that come standard on the 08 Stinky if that helps? Could be RCV's. Not 100 percent sure! :?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    find out then.

or take pictures of the tops and bottoms of the legs.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse wrote:
    find out then.

or take pictures of the tops and bottoms of the legs.

Yup, they're RCV's. What does this mean? Sorry about the noobish questions lol.