Argon 18 e116

noodleman
noodleman Posts: 852
edited January 2013 in Your road bikes
756787a6b29685fed6ce1fe01e7705b9.jpg
Hi guys.
Here's my 2013 argon 18e116. Just finished building it up with the following spec
Dura ace front and rear mech
Dura ace shifters
Vision tri max plus bars and vision levers
Selle italia slr flow saddle
Ultegra cassette
Planet x 82 front and rear wheels
Deda Quattro 2 100mm stem
Planet x titanium skewers
Not ridden it yet as I've got to wait for some valve extenders to arrive.
Hope you like it.
argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
Rose pro sl disc

Comments

• Hanners
    Hanners Posts: 260
    that looks fast as f#ck
  • Thanks for the comments. Can't wait to see if and how much it improves my average speed.
    Will let you know how it goes after its maiden voyage.
    Rose pro sl disc
  • That does look pretty sweet indeed - big fan of black with a bit of red, let us know how you get on.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    And it stands up all by itself - impressive!!

Rear mech looks like its fitted in the wrong position (did you start with it as far clockwise as it would go while tightening it?).

Also rear mech cable loop looks a little large.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • noodleman
    Still got plenty of tweaking to do. Rear mech is fitted correctly but your right about the rear cable loop being to long. So is the front mech cable at the bars but I want to test ride it first before cutting them to the correct length just in case they end up not shifting properly when the bars are turned and the cable pulls a bit.
    Thanks for the nice comments though. Still no valve extenders. Grrrr!
    Rose pro sl disc
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Not wanting to start anything but I remain unconvinced of the rear mech position. It seems to be sitting too close to the chain stay and the angle of the parallelogram is too flat. It also seems to be putting the jockey wheels too far forwards of the rear axle.

The trick with rear mechs is to offer it up to the frame at around the 9 or 10 o'clock position and then start the thread. You also need to make sure the b screw does not foul on the hanger.

Once fitted it should swing fairly freely and the parallelogram should hang around 4 or 5 o'clock.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • noodleman
    Checked it against my other bikes. It's fitted exactly the same. I'm guessing it looks wrong because it wasn't indexed in the picture. Also the wheel can be moved forwards or backwards to get the tire as close as possible to the curve on the seat tube, also not adjusted yet. Looks better now its indexed properly. Will get someone pics up when I've finished setting it up.
    Rose pro sl disc