Judge Roberti:"Riders take it up the butt," drugs that is.

jerry3571
jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
edited January 2013 in Pro race
Roberti revealed his own passion for cycling, saying he has ridden numerous Gran Fondo events, where he has seen riders use cortisone suppositories as they line-up for the start.

I'm sorry to say that I find it hard to beleive that this guy has lined up for a Grand Fondo and watched men drop their shorts, bend over and take it like a bad boy-

suppository.gif

This is the article (below) which says more of the same from our Professional two wheeled drug addicts-

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/italian ... in-cycling

Jerry
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
-Jacques Anquetil

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Wikipedia says you can get urethral suppositories that increase performance.. not on the bike though! :shock:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,229
    Suppositories are a pretty standard way to deliver drugs on the continent > especially in France.
  • jerry3571
    Asides from the main point that the Dope Testers are so far behind the curve; the picture in the mind of riders bending over at the Start Line made me laugh.

Judge Roberti seems to confirm the fight against doping is a long way from victory; more of the same to come. :?

Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

-Jacques Anquetil
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Suppositories are a pretty standard way to deliver drugs on the continent > especially in France.

This was a classic line -- almost fell off the chair with that one.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,508
    Sounds like there is a whole lot of new drugs out there. The only hope is if a test can be developed quickly which catches a lot of people.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,229
    Bakunin wrote:

This was a classic line -- almost fell off the chair with that one.

Pfft. You English and your toilet humour.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729

You're right with some of their medical practices, don't know if they've changed but they'd take your temperature with a thermometer up the jacksy.
  • jerry3571
    mfin wrote:

You're right with some of their medical practices, don't know if they've changed but they'd take your temperature with a thermometer up the jacksy.

I think your pushing it now. :lol:

Jerry

-Jacques Anquetil
  • There's old video of an English pro doing one thing interesting with his hands down his shorts, I'll have to see if its on YouTube yet.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    There's old video of an English pro doing one thing interesting with his hands down his shorts, I'll have to see if its on YouTube yet.

Caffeine Suppositories, ...on the Continent they've always had proper Coffee, over here there was a time where you might as well have shoved it up your...
  • jerry3571
    "One lump or two, sir??" :lol:

Feel a bit sick now.

Jerry

-Jacques Anquetil