Wiggins/being British/the Tour de F/celebrating the same

Yossie
Yossie Posts: 2,600
edited January 2013 in The bottom bracket
As Wiggins has now become a Sir, Britain did well at the Olympics, Wiggins wonthe Tour, is it ok to wear a Tour maillot jaune to celebrate being British? Alternatively, Team GB kit?

If not, how about Team Sky kit? British based team, Wiggins, Hailsford in it - if they are good enough to get gongs, are we ok to wear the kit?

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Wear what you want, and don't worry about what other people will say. That is my top tip.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Bearing in mind Rapha has the Sky kit contract, I'll definitely be buying at least a jersey.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    Disappointed that it's been 2013 for 23 minutes now and Rapha haven't updated their website. I think I'll complain.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Yossie wrote:
    As Wiggins has now become a Sir, Britain did well at the Olympics, Wiggins wonthe Tour, is it ok to wear a Tour maillot jaune to celebrate being British? Alternatively, Team GB kit?

If not, how about Team Sky kit? British based team, Wiggins, Hailsford in it - if they are good enough to get gongs, are we ok to wear the kit?

Any thoughts?

Yes :wink:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    No. Never!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Personally I don't think I would wear pro kit out on a club ride - however there are some good kits out there and you should wear what you want.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Popcorn anyone ? :|:)
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I wore a Leicester City shirt at about the time they were winning the League Cup and finishing top 10 in the PL with some regularity. And before, but not much since. HTH. :)
  • y33stu
    y33stu Posts: 376
    Personally I wouldn't wear team kit - just out of preference. However, I don't buy the argument that nobody should wear it unless you've earned the right.. and all that sh**e. Wear what you want.
    Cycling prints
    Band of Climbers
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    k-dog wrote:
    Disappointed that it's been 2013 for 23 minutes now and Rapha haven't updated their website. I think I'll complain.

Disappointed that at 00:23 on NYE/NYD you were checking a bike forum!
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    Rapha are probably watching the massive hit rate and hoping it turns into a few more sales, hence the delay in posting the pictures of the kit :)

personally I won't wear yellow cos it's a winners medal in jersey form and Bernard Hinault would be upset, you don't want that

the team kit I'm not bothered about
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    Is anyone seriously bothered what others wear? Honestly, wear what you like.
    Plent of snobby, elitist tw@ts out there, some of whom ride bikes. Don't take any notice of them.
  • Absolutely couldn't get away with it round here. You'd feel like a massive bellend if you were out in your team sky kit and one of the actual riders came steaming past.
  • Yossie
    Why? They'd probably ridd past wave and smile and you could wave back. Then you'd also have the opportunity for comedy overtaking moments.

After all, you wearing that is paying their wages.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    RoyPSB wrote:
    Is anyone seriously bothered what others wear? Honestly, wear what you like.
    Plent of snobby, elitist tw@ts out there, some of whom ride bikes. Don't take any notice of them.

And we're off........
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Absolutely couldn't get away with it round here. You'd feel like a massive bellend if you were out in your team sky kit and one of the actual riders came steaming past.

Why would that be any more likely in the IoM? They've only got one Team Sky rider over there. It would be a far more likely occurence in Cardiff with two riders in a far smaller area. :wink:
  • essjaydee
    essjaydee Posts: 917
    May I draw your attention to rules 16 & 17 http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/ :|
  • Yossie
    What if they are cheap like that racist BNP member bloke's mum? (you know, the who doesn't like foreigners in Crewe in the "Oldham" thread although, having had the misfortune of being told that I have to live in and near Crewe for a while I know that the foreigners who inhabit same said shyyyyt hole are probably the best thing about the place?).

I fully acknowledge THE ALL EMPOWERING DECADENCE AND SUPREMENESS OF THE RULES AND THEY SHALL NOT BE DEFIED but hey, being as skint as I am, I'm lucky to get a brass razoo once a year and so cheap lycra rocks in my book ......

But I digress - so, can people Sky, maillot yellow, Team GB or not?
  • k-dog
    k-dog Posts: 1,652
    The rules ot talk about jerseys that should be win afaik - and if you're wearing team gear it should match - no mixing teams.

Personally I think a sky jersey with black shorts would be a decent look.
    I'm left handed, if that matters.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Sky kit is fine if you have their Entertainment Extra package or higher (providing you also have an HD subscription and the phone and broadband package). If you also have movies and sports bundles then you are also allowed to wear a Sky national champs jersey or a yellow jersey with the Sky logo. Paupers with just the Entertainment package or those real lowlifes with no Sky at all are forbidden from wearing the kit at all and if caught will have that scene from the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo re-enacted on them using a Sky sattelite dish.
  • Yossie
    How about Team GB kit on a Hoy?
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    I think its ok to wear disgraced dopers team kit as an ironic reminder.Or if you can't afford to replace them.Ahem.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Yossie
    nevman wrote:
    I think its ok to wear disgraced dopers team kit as an ironic reminder.Or if you can't afford to replace them.Ahem.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude

Are you saying that Sky are disgraced dopers????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Yossie
    Yossie wrote:
    nevman wrote:

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude

Are you saying that Sky are disgraced dopers????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Or even Team GB?????????????????????????????????