Armstrong wins award

ademort
ademort Posts: 1,924
edited January 2013 in Pro race
On the Dutch TV programme Een Vandaag, Lance has been voted the Biggest Fallen HERO of 2012. To put things in perspective Bert Van Marwijk the former Dutch football boss who,s team failed to win a match or even qualify for the latter stages of the Euro 2012 was voted in as 3rd place.
Ademort
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    I take it they didn't get Jim'll Fix It in the Netherlands.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Contador won one too, for 'most camp photo of the year 2012', here he is crossing the line singing 'I am what I ammmm'....

4246230-3x2-940x627.jpg
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    RichN95 wrote:
    I take it they didn't get Jim'll Fix It in the Netherlands.

Funny enough and i,m not kidding Jimmy Saville came in at number 5 on the list, and tht,s not a joke.
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    LA is also up for the Texan of the Year Award - according to BBC News anyway
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    ^Careful with that though - it's actually a similar thing. Sort of equivalent to newsworthy, either for good or for bad...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I think the Dutch would probably have got Jim'll Fix It on tv - they get (when I lived there), BBC1 and 2 as part of the "terrestrial" offering... One of the reasons a number of "cloggys" played cricket at my cricket club out there...
  • ddraver
    I ve not seen much interest in it though. I don't think he was ever as much of a "legend"as he was in the UK, he was just that dodgy bloke off of the show with the medals.
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    More proof, if necessary, that whole swathes of America suffer from collective psychosis.
  • ddraver
    Again, Rick, they did nt mean it in a good way...
    - @ddraver