Scott Twinloc help

mattschwarz
mattschwarz Posts: 4
edited January 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi there,
This is quiet a specific question, but hopefully someone can help. On my 2012 spark the twinloc works fine to LOCK the system, but when i press the small sprung lever to release, the rear release fine, but the front doesn't unlock. the tension comes off the cable, the blue cap on the fork crown doesn't spin back to its fully unlocked position, but will go with a gentle push.
Any ideas on hot to fix this?
Matt

Comments

• Clean, lube.
  • Agree there, not really a Twinloc issue but sounds like the fork mechanism is clogged with crap.

Clean & Lube, should be fine :)

Have a Google for specific to fork maintenance instructions, or speak/email manufacturer or Scott.

Alternatively take it to your friendly shop for a service.
    Scott Scale 50 (Custom Spec)
    Scott Genius LT 30
  • if i push the blue top cap round the fork works fine. the cap needs no force to turn, just feels like a cable tension or spring issue, but i have no idea what actually makes it turn. And LBS is anything but friendly or helpful!
  • What fork is fitted to your bike?
    Scott Genius LT 30
  • reba airs, the standard ones of a 2012 expert
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If the cable is slack then it's a fork issue, remove cable, remove cap, clean gunk from under it and take it from there.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Seems like there may be a part missing, check it over completely and see what may be missing or broken. Its more than likely a cable or attachment issue rather than an internal fork problem.

If you cant find the problem then I doubt we will be able to without seeing the bike, you could post pictures but they will need to be fairly detailed..

Good Luck !!

Find your nearest Scott dealer here: http://www.scott-sports.com/global/en/d ... anguage=en
    Scott Genius LT 30
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Clean and lube the cable
  • Newfish
    Newfish Posts: 121
    I have this exact same problem. 2012 reba RLT's. they are brand spanking new and it happened even from cycling home from the shop after having them fitted.

Personally I had put it down to not enough tension in the spring system that makes it spin back to pull against the friction of the cable running through the cable outer. Greasing would probably make it slightly worse. I haven't tried but a tiny bit of gt85 or similar inside the cable might help. I have found mine unsticks if I compress the forks.

Be interested to know if you solve this though.
    Cheers,
    Simon.
    Scott Genius LT 30
  • it seems to have self fixed for now. my next task is taking out the 20mm spacer in the forks!
  • Newfish
    I soaked mine with gt85, now seems to be fine. Although when I first sprayed it you could hear the grit under the blue nob. :/
    Cheers,
    Simon.
    I soaked mine with gt85, now seems to be fine. Although when I first sprayed it you could hear the grit under the blue doorknob. :/

Have you cleaned out the grit from under the doorknob?
    Scott Genius LT 30
  • Newfish
    Haha, didn't see that typo. Not yet, bub haven't ridden it since doing this, so will do.
    Cheers,
    Simon.