jan 1st and no sky jersey on rapha site?

mallorcajeff
mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
edited January 2013 in Pro race
Now its gone midnight and no sky jersey on the rapha site? If that was my company i would have made it go live at midnight jan the first but nope nothing on there.

Comments

• nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Grand unveil is on Friday, according to inrng.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Looking forward to seeing it!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • These people have lives – unlike us, it seems.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I have no life :(
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Same here. Right now the most appealing thing about the future is finding out what the new Sky kit looks like.

Finding out ASAP is my New Years Resolution.
  • well i think they missed a trick, I would have switched the website go live at midnight. I do have a life. Mainly dominated by cycling though it would seem.
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Now its gone midnight and no sky jersey on the rapha site? If that was my company i would have made it go live at midnight jan the first but nope nothing on there.
    :lol:
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • I can hear the laughter from a luxury Swiss Ski Lodge where the Rapha bigwigs are drinking champagne and scoffing caviar from the navals of 12 virgins......"let's keep the plebs in suspense for a bit longer ha ha ha".

I've asked Wiggo to pop round later for a fashion parade. I'll post photos if he appears :-)

Pricing will be an issue for me if they pitch into Assos territory. Rapha don't have the heritage or that reputation yet.
  • vespario
    vespario Posts: 228
    Was looking forward to it today. Checked the Rapha website and Sky. They could have put launch date on the Rapha website! Building the hype I suppose.....I notice that their shop in London is closed until Feb.

I can't believe prices will be any different to the Rapha Condor or focus team kits so think we can expect a lot less sky kit on the roads.
  • 541938_10151351686569873_1350472956_n.jpg
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    I dunno how i managed to get to sleep last night wondering how sky's new kit would look last night, Did i really drink that little amount of 12 year old malt whisky :D
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Scotty-Gee wrote:
    541938_10151351686569873_1350472956_n.jpg

2 Armbands on a black kit....Very original NOT ..Lets Copy the Rapha Condor Sharp jersey :roll: - It's effin awful
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    vespario wrote:
    I can't believe prices will be any different to the Rapha Condor or focus team kits so think we can expect a lot less sky kit on the roads.
    Unless more people are willing to pay the £28 for jersey and bib shorts from China :D
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I do have a life.
    Hmm - posting on a cycling forum at 00.20 or 01.20 (depending on location) on New Year's Eve/Morn about the lack of publishing of a team cycle kit may indicate otherwise.... :wink:

You'll be sick of the sight of it by the end of the year anyway...
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Glad I've seen that, couldn't really start the new year without a look at the new sky kit. Phew :-)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Someone (Henao?) out and about in it
    1050_10151337966121660_901349698_n.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Hmm, don't like the different coloured shoes. :wink:
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    I definitely like it better there than in the studio shots. Glad to see the continuation of the stripe on the back, and the name on the side.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Anybody any experience of the "performance quality" of Rapha kit? is it as good/better/worse than adidas?
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    edited January 2013
    The clothing I have is very comfortable and does what you expect from performance clothing. It also looks very nice too.... In comparison to my altura and garneu stuff it's way better.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    posting at that time in the morning is fine for me I had to stay up to collect the daughter from her boyfriends so passed the time on here, seeing as i dont drink, did not have much else to do at the time, but not that i have to justify myself to you. I also went out this mornign and cycled from Inca over the mountains to Lluc, then down to Soller, then out over col soller and back along the island in lovely weather. What have you done with your life today, im very happy with mine.
    Back on topic i think the kit looks crap. I was only interested how it looks, having never owned a sky jersey nor ever would I, I was only interested in it due to the hype out there. As for a personal attack on getting a life, I bet I have a far better quality of life that you do, (and you dont see much of my life on here)
  • Hmm, don't like the different coloured shoes. :wink:

CJ Sutton posted an array of Blue Bonts on his twitter feed a few weeks ago. Rigo/Sergio's just not rocking the right ones in that photo :)
  • posting at that time in the morning is fine for me I had to stay up to collect the daughter from her boyfriends so passed the time on here, seeing as i dont drink, did not have much else to do at the time, but not that i have to justify myself to you. I also went out this mornign and cycled from Inca over the mountains to Lluc, then down to Soller, then out over col soller and back along the island in lovely weather. What have you done with your life today, im very happy with mine.
    Back on topic i think the kit looks crap. I was only interested how it looks, having never owned a sky jersey nor ever would I, I was only interested in it due to the hype out there. As for a personal attack on getting a life, I bet I have a far better quality of life that you do, (and you dont see much of my life on here)

I rode out to Epsom racecourse this morning, very pleasant - but I wouldnt have minded swapping it for your route today, you lucky sod :)
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    posting at that time in the morning is fine for me I had to stay up to collect the daughter from her boyfriends so passed the time on here, seeing as i dont drink, did not have much else to do at the time, but not that i have to justify myself to you. I also went out this mornign and cycled from Inca over the mountains to Lluc, then down to Soller, then out over col soller and back along the island in lovely weather. What have you done with your life today, im very happy with mine.

I rode out to Epsom racecourse this morning, very pleasant - but I wouldnt have minded swapping it for your route today, you lucky sod :)

I had to do a 5 mile detour this morning because the road was closed due to flooding. I want Jeff's life.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Easy fella - I think you may have missed the :wink: emoticon that normally indicates that someone is not being entirely serious in their post... So no personal attack intended!

What have I done with my life today? Well, I don't have to justify myself to you(!) - but I rode over Cornish hills with a howling south-westerly including both sides of Millook and had a lovely day, although the weather may have not been up to med standards, but thankfully it wasn't raining. Mind you, I get to cycle in Mallorca - our base is in Andratx rather than Inca.... :lol: Oh and my daughter is too young to have a boyfriend (being 1 1/2), but I've got to spend a lot of time with her today.

Happy new year!
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    I do like the British National champs jersey but it's the National Champs jersey. A variation on that would be worth a wear
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Hmm, don't like the different coloured shoes. :wink:
    They're all the rage these days... :-) As above the kit looks better in the photo there than the promo shots.
  • Anybody any experience of the "performance quality" of Rapha kit? is it as good/better/worse than adidas?

Most likly to be made by MOA too, just unable to use to designs and materials that Adidas did.

Choice of Rapha most liklely down to the closeness of Fran miller to Dave b and rapha than for any performance reason.