Piriformis Syndrome...Help...!

JamesVec
JamesVec Posts: 7
Ive had this issue for a number of years now. So very painful.

Has anyone actually been 100% cured who suffer from this/have suffered from this?

If so by what means? Stretching and mysofacial self release? Altering your position? Saddle position?

I have chiro once a month and have started using a foam roller for 15mins once a day which immediately relieves my symptoms i get from day to day (not bike related), just from my normal day to day life.

Ive also put some inserts into my cycling shoes as i have fallen arches (over pronate) which i believe will aggravate the condition.

Its so very painful, particularly when...
- pressing on hard, the harder you go for sustained periods the worst it gets
- the longer the ride the worst it gets
- time trialing is when its at its worst

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Well, perhaps you might think about finding an alternative to your Chiropractor.. a qualified therapist from these accredtion people could lead you to alternative treatment for your chronic condition.
    http://www.theisrm.com/index.php

I have no persoanl connection but I do know someone who is currently training and Level 5 means it is pretty full on training and qualification.
  • Stretching and foam-rolling have limited effect -- for a permanent solution you need to focus on strenghthening the gluteals and hip abductors.
    Best,
    Bill Black
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Do some 'clams'
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach